Options

Keeping Photos from Selling at Cost

Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited May 6, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Today I received notice of a sale where there was no profit to me and the order was for an image size that I do not offer in my normal pricing scheme. I have been in the habit of setting my prices by selecting the pricing from an existing gallery when setting up the new gallery. I had thought I was methodical in applying pricing, but with any manual method, human error is possible, if not likely. After getting notified of the sale price, I checked several of my galleries to find that there are quite a few without profit pricing. I guess I am making these mistakes although I could have sworn I was applying pricing as part of a manual routine.

While I recognize I can, and should, have Portfolio pricing, might I suggest an enhancement that would warn a Pro User when they have set up a gallery with images priced at cost? A warning box would pop up before SmugMug saves the new gallery to say, "Current gallery has items priced at cost. Do you wish to continue?"

Not critical, but it would be a nice backstop to my own stupidity.

Moon Mullen
www.catholicphotographer.com
www.moonmullenphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    wave.gif LTNS!

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, portfolio pricing is the safety net - we say it on our pricing help page, in our quick start, and as much as we can.

Say hi to brother Joe for me :D
  • Options
    Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    wave.gif LTNS!

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, portfolio pricing is the safety net - we say it on our pricing help page, in our quick start, and as much as we can.

Say hi to brother Joe for me :D

Will do, Andy. Every now and again Joey ask me about you knowing I'm a Smuggie and you're a Smuggie, too.

Moon