Options

Very first Band photoshoot

PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
edited May 7, 2010 in People
We're wedding photographers, and we don't typically work with off-camera lighting. We most certainly don't spend more than 5 or 6 minutes setting up ANY photos... except for today.

This is a local band who just got "signed"...

I'll post a bunch more if you guys want to see them, but would love some honest C&C on these twp.... everything is fair game!

Tech details: This is a band most easily categorized as "Screamo", so very edgy is what they want.

Anyway, PLEASE, go for it... we need feedback!

The shot was with our Canon 40d using ProOptic 8mm fisheye, totally manual, somewhere around f11 (adjustable only via the lens itself and that's where the mark was on the dial). 1/125th, ISO320. Only 2 strobes (Alienbees 800's), one obviously behind on a stand about 5' high and with no diffusion. One behind the camera slightly left, using a 6' umbrella and set about 75% of the power of the one behind. All processing in LR2
859215164_WNitc-L.jpg

This one, also 40d using Canon 28mm F1.8. ISO 200, 1/125th at f7.1 (I stopped back this lens cuz we're having problems with it and softness at 4.5 and wider, plus I figured I could blur the background later on if need be). Strobes (obviously) behind, and the other is about 30* and behind camera-left. All processing in LR2.
859229916_k8gUJ-L.jpg
Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
2 Canon 40d
70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
And a bunch of other stuff ;)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 7, 2010
    So from 54 views and no comments, I have to assume there is nothing horribly wrong with the photos, yet they aren't spectacular either? At least that's what I'm seeing in other threads for reasons for no comments...

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    I actually like them. I looked way too late last night and didn't comment. I like the first one best.
  • Options
    MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    I like #1 the best. I think you did a wonderful job.

Mel
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2010
    Ok, cool... I don't mind not having comments except that as I said, traditionally that means the photos are "average", not really anything to comment about :)

So I'm thinking I may give you guys access to the full 80-photo gallery, and then see if anyoen wants to post a pic and give C&C on it? Would anyone be interested?

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    I think the first one by far is the "bestest"! :D ....and an idea, I might add, that I will try in just a few weeks, as I have a band (Deleveled) I will be shooting. I gotta be edgy with them, if for no other reason, than the fact that they actually tossed around names that would be spelled the same both frontwards and backwards. :D Thanks for the inspiration! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2010
    Cool! Imitation is the best form of flattery! :)
    PM me if you want the URL and pass to their full gallery if you want to get some more ideas... heck most of "my" ideas came from a websearch anyway! :)

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d