Options

50 thoughts...

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited May 12, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I went to a ball game the other night with my Coolpix... think we are heading back again on Thurs, I believe I am going to bring my 'real' camera....Get something with a big more zing....Think there may be some potential...what do you think?

861706199_uC4hU-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    I hate to say it, but I fear that without the spiral overlayed on top of the image my eyes would not follow the lines of the golden spiral.

I think that if you go back, it might be an excuse to go for the cheap nosebleed seats (I know ;)). It could give you an angle to work the field lines into the composition.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    I have to agree. My eye didn't move in a spiral. You'd need something in the left foreground, perhaps.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2010
    Oh I agree!!! This is definitely not my ENTRY!!!Laughing.gif This was just a fishing expedition to see if I was going in the right direction. I totally need a reshoot with a DSLR and a better angle, location and action.

I thank you for your responses, however. 141 people before said nothingne_nau.gif

I think that this challenge is confounding people.
    I see a lot of ACTUAL curves and S's in peoples work, and what I had always learned about Fibonacci and the golden section etc was it was not an actual design element, but more the way the eye reads....
  • Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    My eye must move backwards because I started with the player by the Auto parts sign and moved down to the left, then to the foreground guys...so it was a spiraling path for me. Have fun with the next shoot! I hope you get some good action. : )
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    Excepting the signs which to me are distracting too, I find the composition very nice.

I'd like the image to be a little clearer too - it looks a little fuzzy to my eyes...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Excepting the signs which to me are distracting too, I find the composition very nice.

I'd like the image to be a little clearer too - it looks a little fuzzy to my eyes...

It IS fuzzy...and the signs ARE distracting....this was a grab shot and IF the weather cooperates, I am heading back on Thurs....

lol!
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Lots of great potential in this dynamic subject! The moving players, the lines on the field and the lines of the stadium. Looking forward to more of your shots!