Options

problem with my galleries

jkobeljkobel Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited May 13, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Hi,

i originaly posted thsi inthe support forum when i thougth i was doing somethgin wrong but other users have mentioned that they believe it to be a bug so i'm posting here, what follows is the orig post...

hi,

I could be missing something here but I have a few galleries that consistently seem to have problems displaying thumbnails and then when I hit the slideshow button those thumbs don’t show in the bar across the top and the slideshow skips them. There are other galleries that these thumbs sometimes work and sometimes don’t. I haven’t been able to see a method to the madness.

I have noticed that there seem to be some that it "never" seems to happen to.

Here it happens a lot. Any ideas would be appreciated.
http://www.jeffkobelphotography.com/Portraits/Portraits

Thanks!

-jeff

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Jeff, try completely clearing your browser cache, closing and reopening your browser.

I just viewed your gallery and slideshow, all photos appear normal and thumbs as well.

Let us know.
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2010
    Hi Andy, thanks for taking a look. I tried your suggestion but same thing.

Although I did notice something new. Now in the slideshow (from within the portraits gallery) all the thumbnails up top are showing but the slideshow is getting hung up on the first photo and seemingly on several other photos if I bypass that photo in the filmstrip. It won’t let me click through the slideshow using the left or right arrows. Some of the thumbs will allow me to click on them to go to that image but most will not. Also, I should mention that on the thumb page before the slideshow there are a few thumbs missing, however, there are MANY photos including those missing thumbs that don’t seem to work in the slideshow.

What browser are you using? I’m using WE6 currently but have had the exact same issue from my other computer using WE7, WE8 and FF 3.5+

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Jeff
  • Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    jkobel wrote: »
    Hi Andy, thanks for taking a look. I tried your suggestion but same thing.

Although I did notice something new. Now in the slideshow (from within the portraits gallery) all the thumbnails up top are showing but the slideshow is getting hung up on the first photo and seemingly on several other photos if I bypass that photo in the filmstrip. It won’t let me click through the slideshow using the left or right arrows. Some of the thumbs will allow me to click on them to go to that image but most will not. Also, I should mention that on the thumb page before the slideshow there are a few thumbs missing, however, there are MANY photos including those missing thumbs that don’t seem to work in the slideshow.

What browser are you using? I’m using WE6 currently but have had the exact same issue from my other computer using WE7, WE8 and FF 3.5+

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Your collected images in that gallery are the ones giving you trouble. You have them placed in the 2nd and 3rd positions, and that's likely causing the stall on the first image. That will also be the case as you navigate through the gallery.

Can you please check your gallery settings in the original galleries, and be sure that you have External Linking set to yes? If you collected them from more than one gallery, you will need to change them all.

That should solve your problems. Let us know!

Thanks,
    Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    Thanks Lindy, that seems to have helped!