Options

Strange reply count numbers in Forum!

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited May 16, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
See screen shot. There are there threads showing 0 replies and 1 viewing. But all have at least one reply already and one has three replies! meaning at least 3 viewings.:dunno

Upgrade screwiness??:scratch

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited May 14, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    See screen shot. There are there threads showing 0 replies and 1 viewing. But all have at least one reply already and one has three replies! meaning at least 3 viewings.ne_nau.gif

Upgrade screwiness??headscratch.gif

Don

Don,

I haven't noticed it. Was that screen freshly loaded or had you been returning to a search with the browser back button? If you work down a long New Stuff list that way, the threads may be being updated before you get to them but the search screen you get with the back button is cached. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2010
    No, this was a just went to 'New Stuff' screen shot. I got curious about the numbers because I had made the reply to the Peppers one sometime earlier, but it wasn't showing in the count. Then I looked at the other two. headscratch.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    starlightstarlight Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    In vBulletin (I Mod on another Forum, so dgrin might be set up a little differently) *replies* don't count as *views*. Views are just the people looking, replies are the people talking...the total activity on a Thread is both added together.

As well, vBulletin stats aren't quite *real time*, so the replies/views are always a little behind.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    starlight wrote: »
    As well, vBulletin stats aren't quite *real time*, so the replies/views are always a little behind.
    That's what I was going to say. vBulletin admins can set up the statistics update cron jobs to run at more spread out intervals to save CPU power for other tasks like the web server. If so, the updates on various things like views, replies, post counts, etc. can become less than real time. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!