Options

Designers Portfolio?

drdesignsdrdesigns Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited July 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi Everyone! Newbie here. I have been using Smugmug for my photos for several months and really like it. Now I am trying to figure out how I can utilize this site for my graphic design portfolio.

I can upload jpg files of my work samples, but how do I separate my work samples from my personal photographs? I have two galleries of personal photos and one gallery of professional images. I can password protect the professional images, but I didn't really want to password protect the personal ones. I like being able to copy and paste my photos for friends and family to see.

Does anyone use this site in this manner? Am I trying to do something that just is not going to work? I read the post about someone wanting two accounts, that might work, but I only have one email address.

Any ideas or suggestions, would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    drdesigns wrote:
    Hi Everyone! Newbie here. I have been using Smugmug for my photos for several months and really like it. Now I am trying to figure out how I can utilize this site for my graphic design portfolio.

I can upload jpg files of my work samples, but how do I separate my work samples from my personal photographs? I have two galleries of personal photos and one gallery of professional images. I can password protect the professional images, but I didn't really want to password protect the personal ones. I like being able to copy and paste my photos for friends and family to see.

Does anyone use this site in this manner? Am I trying to do something that just is not going to work? I read the post about someone wanting two accounts, that might work, but I only have one email address.

Any ideas or suggestions, would be much appreciated!

Welcome! This place is great. :D

If you want to kind of tuck the personal stuff out of the way but keep it accessible without a password you might try making the albums private and then sticking them in a sharegroup, which would be the URL you pass out to friends and family.

Or, if you want everything public and just divided nicely on your main page, you can put your professional work in one category and your personal stuff in another and then just change your main page to Category view (instead of album view). Anyone coming to your main page will be able to quickly direct themself in the right direction.
  • Options
    drdesignsdrdesigns Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2005
    Thanks! Now another question . . . . .
    asd wrote:
    Welcome! This place is great. :D

If you want to kind of tuck the personal stuff out of the way but keep it accessible without a password you might try making the albums private and then sticking them in a sharegroup, which would be the URL you pass out to friends and family.

Or, if you want everything public and just divided nicely on your main page, you can put your professional work in one category and your personal stuff in another and then just change your main page to Category view (instead of album view). Anyone coming to your main page will be able to quickly direct themself in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply. I have spent most of the day trying to get this to work. I have a sharegroup set up with my professional stuff. I can copy and paste the url into an email and it works. The only problem is I want to tie this into my home page, so when someone clicks on my url my homepage comes up with a link below my photo and introduction to see my portfolio. I'm sure this can be done.

Also, once this is figured out, is there any way to make the text that says "Portfolio (please click here)" larger?

Thanks again!