Options

Control Panel navigation

mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
edited July 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
When doing a lot of work within the Control Panel (creating categories, customizations, etc.) it can be cumbersome navigating to various parts of the Control Panel.

For example, I go to Control Panel and choose the Customize option. Now I'm at the co-brand customization page, that's all good so far. But now when I'm done, I can't just jump right back to the Control Panel. I have to click the Your Photos link at the top and then click the Control Panel link to get back again. If I try to use the Back button in the browser, I get a page expired message.

How about just a quick link back to the Control Panel home from within each of the Control Panel's sub-areas?

Comments

• Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    mbrady wrote:
    When doing a lot of work within the Control Panel (creating categories, customizations, etc.) it can be cumbersome navigating to various parts of the Control Panel.

For example, I go to Control Panel and choose the Customize option. Now I'm at the co-brand customization page, that's all good so far. But now when I'm done, I can't just jump right back to the Control Panel. I have to click the Your Photos link at the top and then click the Control Panel link to get back again. If I try to use the Back button in the browser, I get a page expired message.

How about just a quick link back to the Control Panel home from within each of the Control Panel's sub-areas?
    Yeah, it is needed.

James.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    I second this request
    mbrady wrote:
    I second this request. It is not often that after making some change from the control panel, you are left in a screen that has no navigation to anywhere other than "Your Photos" at the top of the screen. Not a real high priority because it only hits me, not my viewers, but still something that could be improved fairly easily.

--john
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    We are investigating some new changes that may help with this.
    jfriend wrote:
    I second this request. It is not often that after making some change from the control panel, you are left in a screen that has no navigation to anywhere other than "Your Photos" at the top of the screen. Not a real high priority because it only hits me, not my viewers, but still something that could be improved fairly easily.

--john