Options

>> vote for challenge 43 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
please choose the winner from these ten finalists. thanks to purified for helping to co-judge :D

amunsie - digital film
28830786-L.jpg

gubbs - man o'war, dorset
28559559-L.jpg

nir - holiday inn ashkelon
29238547-M.jpg

troy - "s" curve
29186195-M.jpg

lord vetinari - treble clef
CRW_6149d.jpg

imax - pg
28412475-L.jpg

pathfinder - Curves in Black and White
28660110-L.jpg

davidoff - dvd fields
curveschallenge.jpg

rainforest1155 - rusty curves
28833878-L.jpg

lynnma - cool curves
29595713-L.jpg

vote for challenge 43 winner 134 votes

amunsie - digital film
22% 30 votes
gubbs - man o'war, dorset
14% 19 votes
nir - holiday inn ashkelon
21% 29 votes
troy - "s" curve
2% 4 votes
lord vetinari - treble clef
5% 7 votes
imax - pg
9% 13 votes
pathfinder - Curves in Black and White
8% 11 votes
davidoff - dvd fields
1% 2 votes
rainforest1155 - rusty curves
10% 14 votes
lynnma - cool curves
3% 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Glad to see my personal fave in the finals
    All..... fantastic!!
    clap.gif

Andy.. could not do what you do. Excellent mix of different curve shots.
    thumb.gif

Dan
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 25, 2005
    Congratulations to all the finalists. thumb.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Great challenge!! I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot and had a great time with my new camera. This was a good topic. It allowed for landscape shots, people shots, studio shots, macro or really, anything.

The next challenge, Tasty, should do the same.

Congratulations to all the entrants for challenging themselves and participating and to the finalists. Good work all. clap.gifclap
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    skipandrewskipandrew Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 25, 2005
    Bravo!
    This was my first challenge entry ... and a wonderful experience just focusing on a theme and learning more about my camera and the art ... my "Red Rose" entry didn't make it to the finalists, and I won anyway just for the privilege to learn and be a part of this community. Thank you to all! clap.gif

--Skip
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2005
    skipandrew wrote:
    This was my first challenge entry ... and a wonderful experience just focusing on a theme and learning more about my camera and the art ... my "Red Rose" entry didn't make it to the finalists, and I won anyway just for the privilege to learn and be a part of this community. Thank you to all! clap.gif

--Skip

awesome attitude bowdown.gif
  • Options
    purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Great entries everyone. I was really impressed and found it extremely hard to choose. Andy makes a much better Judge than I. thumb.gif
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • Options
    AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Excellent challenge! I enjoyed "hunting" for curves this past week. Both frustrating and fun. Now every where I look I see curves....Congrat's to the finalists they are all great shots. clap.gif
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Congratulations to all the finalists! Tough bunch to pick from! All very good.

Erich
  • Options
    InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Congrats to everyone! Excellent choices made by the judges! thumb.gifclap
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Congrats to all the finalists for sure! It seemed like an awsome amount of creativity came out for this one (raising the bar from an already high standard). It will be tough to pick just one of these finalists. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Congrats to all the finalists
    ...it really is a great learning tool to be able to compare ones work/photo, with the hotshots of DGRIN...
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Congrats to all finalists and it's very nice to see my own in the TOP10! :D
    The final field is very strong and diverse this time.

So come on people and vote for your favorite! clap.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    skipandrew wrote:

--Skip
    Hi Skip and Welcome,
    I have to reiterate what Andy said "Awesome Attitude". You hit the nail on the head regarding what these challenges are all about. Glad you had fun with it and look forward to seeing more of your work. BTW, I liked your rose shot.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    I actually do not have a very good attitude. I cry when I lose.:cry Maybe not outside, but on the inside, I hurt. Sometimes I complain, outside of the forums.

But the one thing I have to do is realize how absolutely great the finalists are in this, and every challenge.clap.gif

And I can say that, the entries have become so good that it is a foregone conclusion that the finalists will be great.

Here, well, all the shots are awesome! Some are in the finals, I voted!

Support your favorite, if you can pick one, vote! Even if you can't pick one, well, vote!

ginger, going off to sulk1drink.gif some more over NOT being included in these awesome shots.
    Congrats to all who were.clap.gif (Hey, don't say I am not a sore loser, I have a reputation to maintain here.):D
    :photo
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I actually do not have a very good attitude. I cry when I lose.:cry Maybe not outside, but on the inside, I hurt. Sometimes I complain, outside of the forums.

But the one thing I have to do is realize how absolutely great the finalists are in this, and every challenge.clap.gif

And I can say that, the entries have become so good that it is a foregone conclusion that the finalists will be great.

Here, well, all the shots are awesome! Some are in the finals, I voted!

Support your favorite, if you can pick one, vote! Even if you can't pick one, well, vote!

ginger, going off to sulk1drink.gif some more over NOT being included in these awesome shots.
    Congrats to all who were.clap.gif (Hey, don't say I am not a sore loser, I have a reputation to maintain here.):D
    :photo

ginger - fwiw i loved your double egret ess curve that you had entered for a while....
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    whoa, shaping up to be a tight race with a couple of leaders and some close-behind followers.

i wonder what the vegas odds are for each of the top ten ?
    :pimp
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ginger - fwiw i loved your double egret ess curve that you had entered for a while....
    Thanks for the info, Andy. If I had entered it, and the contest had closed the same day, I would have left it there, but the longer it was there, the more I could see the flaws. I was going to enter nothing, finally, then I took the one I did enter. It was not up long enough for me to see flaws. It is a good photo, with fewer technical problems, but I will agree with you, the other one had a higher interest level.

Deciding what to enter can be a real problem sometimes. Often. Always. Well, once I KNEW, didn't win either. Another time, I KNEW, hands down, best photo ever, didn't make the finals that time. This is hard! On both sides.

The finalists are good. I am just not a good loser, so to speak, (not that I would consider myself a loser or anything). I whine a lot, as I have said, I have this reputation to uphold.

ginger:D

Thanks for the fwiw.thumb.gif

Now, I like both of mine more, I can go back to appreciating the Birdacious Curves, too.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    A very close race
    whoa, shaping up to be a tight race with a couple of leaders and some close-behind followers.

i wonder what the vegas odds are for each of the top ten ?
    :pimp
    With only about 15-20 more votes to go, it's too close to call. Both are worthy. Wonder what happens in a tiene_nau.gif?

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited July 27, 2005
    Need for voters
    We need more voters! There's still a tie between two in the first place. This applies even for the third, fifth and so on! yelrotflmao.gif
    What a close-call challenge.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    We need more voters! There's still a tie between two in the first place. This applies even for the third, fifth and so on! yelrotflmao.gif
    What a close-call challenge.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    "close-call"?! you guys are playing around with my blood pressure! I don't know about amunsie, but I'm at the dangerous age. lol3.gif
    Will this go on for a lot longer?

Beautiful shots everyone! Really great entries! Don't know how Purified and Andy chose what they chose (but I'm glad they did mwink.gif ).

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    "close-call"?! you guys are playing around with my blood pressure! I don't know about amunsie, but I'm at the dangerous age. lol3.gif
    Hehe, poor Nir....one more day to go and then you're released. rolleyes1.gif
    Would feel the same if I would be in your place...checking dgrin every 5min. :D

Good luck for both of you! clap.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    amunsieamunsie Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2005
    Nir wrote:

Beautiful shots everyone! Really great entries! Don't know how Purified and Andy chose what they chose (but I'm glad they did mwink.gif ).
    Hey, I'm not at a dangerous age - at least I hope not mwink.gif

I feel like we're looking at the 2000 election. Don't worry, I won't be looking for any recounts...:D

All the entries deserve a shot. I'm honored that I made the top ten, let alone fighting it out for the pole position.

BTW - I voted for your's, Nir.
    Macs Rule, Wintels drool

www.photograpbybywoodrock.com
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2005
    Awesome how many people voted so far! The tension is slowly reaching it's peak in the last 6 hours. Can't wait to see the final result. uhoh2.gif

Now let's go for 222 voters, because I can't get enough and like such numbers! icon10.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    OrionOrion Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 28, 2005
    Aaaaw! The poll is closed. I just logged on to vote. Sorry, Nir, I was too late. You had my vote.
    Orion