Options

Upload my ShowIt slideshow to SmugMug

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited May 25, 2010 in Weddings
Hey DJ,

Can you post step by step instructions on how to upload a slideshow to SmugMug?

We are getting a lot of requests here and it would be great to have something to point to.

Thanks!

Markham

Comments

• Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Hey DJ I was poking around your .smugmug.com page and realized that if I clicked on your custom header/wrapper at the top of the smugmug page, it starts playing you "I'm about to shoot a really cool wedding" slide show, but I can't SEE it, it doesn't navigate away from the smugmug page. I'm really liking the idea showit web. Might wanna check that out, but then again I only landed on you .smugmug.com page through googling showit smugmug and following like the third result to you tut on uploading a showit web slideshow.
  • Options
    ToddWatsToddWats Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2009
    Here's a quick overview of how to post a Showit Web slideshow to your SmugMug account.

You can download and check out the free demo of Showit Web here: http://showitfast.com/showit-web.html

It's an easy way to create stunning slideshows fast with motion and transitions timed to music. We recently also created an easy utility for uploading and hosting these shows and it's especially easy to add a show to a SmugMug gallery. The upload utility can be downloaded and installed here: http://showitfast.com/showit-web-uploader.html

Once you've installed this Adobe AIR app you can just drag a completed show folder right onto the Uploader and it will begin uploading to our server.

uploader1.jpg

Once uploaded, click on the SmugMug icon below the show:

sm1.jpg

Edit: OAuth is up again so this tutorial has been edited to reflect that.

This will open the SmugMug embed window. You can choose to just get the proper embed code to paste into your site, or you can connect directly to SmugMug and have the program create a new gallery with the slideshow or add it to an existing gallery. Just click the "Connect to SmugMug" button

sm2.jpg

This will launch your browser and take you to SmugMug where it will ask you if you want to allow Showit to connect to your account, so just click "Authorize".

sm3.jpg

Go back to the uploader and click on the "Connect to SmugMug" button again.

sm4.jpg

Now that you have authorized the Uploader to add shows to your gallery, you won't have to do this step again. This will bring you into the add window where you can choose to add the show as a new gallery:

sm5.jpg

Or switch to the second tab to choose an existing SmugMug gallery to have the show added to.

sm6.jpg
  • Options
    k25k25 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2010
    Hello,
    I got the Showit web application,and put the slideshow on Smugmug. The only problem is that we do not have a poster for those slideshows- the file is "Empty" even if a slideshow in inside. How can this be corrected?
    Rick