Slideshow
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2341868&alb=0

FYI -- all but one of the photos in show taken with Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX

Lee

Comments

• Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Pictures I am sure they will be happy with for the rest of their lives.

Beautiful settings, well taken pictures. Great music synchro and presentation!

Well done. Did you do the formal stuff as well?
  • Options
    Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Were do you license the music from? Is it very expensive? Thanks.
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 24, 2005
    Wow, they look so natural and unposed! I've seen so many pictures from weddings where the bride and groom were stiff and didn't interact well with the photographer and camera.
    Beautiful photos - well done!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Pictures I am sure they will be happy with for the rest of their lives.

Beautiful settings, well taken pictures. Great music synchro and presentation!
    Thanks.
    Owen wrote:
    Well done. Did you do the formal stuff as well?
    Yes, don't have any of them ready yet. Here's formals from my last wedding:

24603934-M.jpg

http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/586900

Formals are not my strong suit.

Lee
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2005
    annnna8888 wrote:
    Wow, they look so natural and unposed! I've seen so many pictures from weddings where the bride and groom were stiff and didn't interact well with the photographer and camera.
    Beautiful photos - well done!
    Thanks. Trust me, those photos were very much "posed" or at least "directed". The bride had plenty of personality, the groom -- uh -- not so much. Neither of them had any feel for what I was trying to accomplish.

Thankfully I have the gift of gab. If when people think I'm silly or stupid, it makes them smile. We had a perfect day for outdoor shooting...nice overcast sky. I got them walking...had to tell them "look at each other, talk to each other, talk about what you are going to do tonight..." and such. Then I went about trying to catch them reacting to each other.

29517435-L.jpg

This one was very much posed. "Ok, kneel...no, the other knee...now lean forward and give him a peck...." They did not like doing this, but it's the best shot of the lot IMO.

Lee
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Lovely work! I love the presentation of the multiple pictures, and I certainly cannot see any tension or unease in the couple. They are wonderful!

ann
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Hey Lee...
    those are some really awesome wedding pictures, I love them all for the same reasons everybody here said they do: I understand that they were 'posed', but that's only because you said they were.

The photos look incredibly spontaneous, and I think you really have a gift for that. Way to go! thumb.gif

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Nice work....
    Hi Lee,
    I always like to see your weddings and this is no exception. I started using Proshow presentations in my packages after seeing some of yours and my clients just love them.

Yesterday we did a wedding on a hilltop in Vermont. Bright sun and no shade anywhere so quite a challange. Fantastic group to work with however. Here are a couple of the "formals" that I'm currently working on. These guys will be getting a Proshow DVD as soon as I have it finished.

29558608-L.jpg
    29558611-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    I always like to see your weddings and this is no exception. I started using Proshow presentations in my packages after seeing some of yours and my clients just love them.
    Thanks....I'm glad you are able to use them to good effect. It truly is a nice product and adds a lot to the photos IMHO.
    david_h wrote:
    Yesterday we did a wedding on a hilltop in Vermont. Bright sun and no shade anywhere so quite a challange.
    If that's what you can do with bad light, look out when you have good! I really like the way you did the borders. With bright light, how'd you get such nice deep colors?

Lee
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    Thanks....I'm glad you are able to use them to good effect. It truly is a nice product and adds a lot to the photos IMHO.

If that's what you can do with bad light, look out when you have good! I really like the way you did the borders. With bright light, how'd you get such nice deep colors?

Lee
    Thanks Lee. I'm learning more about Proshow Gold all the time and I really enjoy the response I get from the clients when I show. Actually the women usualy burst into tears - I guess that means they like it :giggle

As for the colours, I recently invested in the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 and I'm thrilled with the results. I spent forever trying to decide between the Nikon and the Sigma, the Sigma was actually in my basket at B&H for about two weeks but I never got to click on buy. I shoot in RAW and these shots were converted using RSE.

I also used an on-camera flash for a little fill. After trying every gimick on the market I think I've found something that works - SB800 with the Nikon diffuser and the Lumiquest softbox and use that over the diffuser. Was not expensive ($30.00 or so for the softbox) and between them the two parts give a nice soft light. Was much better in the evening reception than my Lightsphere2.

Here's one more for you. My wife is a stylist and did all the hair-doos. I was hoping those clouds would come over and cover the sun, but no such luck.
    29589287-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    As for the colours, I recently invested in the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 and I'm thrilled with the results. I spent forever trying to decide between the Nikon and the Sigma, the Sigma was actually in my basket at B&H for about two weeks but I never got to click on buy. I shoot in RAW and these shots were converted using RSE.
    You really think the colors are credited to the Nikon over the Sigma? Could be. I do like the rich reds you have in your photos. I'm still betting that for my work it's "user error" more than "Sigma error" on getting those colors :)

Of course, there's always b&w

29519799-L.jpg

Lee
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Did you do the formal stuff as well?
    Finally got the formals processes. Fortunately I was able to do some of them outside:

29759440-L.jpg

29763287-M.jpg

Not very nice lighting for the indoor shots. Everyone wants these shots, but I find them very boring to do :)

29762194-L.jpg

Gallery: http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/685869

Tips very much welcome.

Lee
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Two blinkers in the last one.... ooops! ;)

(yes, waste of a post, I know. Laughing.gif)

Owen
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Two blinkers in the last one.... ooops! ;)

(yes, waste of a post, I know. Laughing.gif)

Owen
    Good catch, thanks...I missed them.

Lee