Question about a New England trip

ilandiland Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
I am going on a photography trip to New England in May. I'll be driving up north from New York and I have three days. I have never been to the area (I live on the west coast) and I'd love to get some recommendations for photo worthy locations and routes :). Thank you !

Comments

• frigidlightfrigidlight Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    What were you thinking? coast line? mountains? farmland? If you're looking for both, New Hampshire seacoast can get you mountains and ocean relatively quickly. The berkshires in western MA are good for rolling hills with farmland, small towns, etc.
  • ilandiland Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 5, 2010
    What were you thinking? coast line? mountains? farmland? If you're looking for both, New Hampshire seacoast can get you mountains and ocean relatively quickly. The berkshires in western MA are good for rolling hills with farmland, small towns, etc.

Thanks. I have 3-4 days and I am not looking for something specific. more of a variety.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    I'd say do the Cape (Cape Cod) and the White Mountains in NH. Best of both worlds.
    Or you could do the Maine coast and the lakes regions.
    Western Mass has hills. Vermont has...short mountains and great roads. Connecticut not so much.
  • PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Laughing.gif...yeah, there's not much in Connecticut (except traffic) I vote for the White Mountains in New Hampshire too!
    I'd say do the Cape (Cape Cod) and the White Mountains in NH. Best of both worlds.
    Or you could do the Maine coast and the lakes regions.
    Western Mass has hills. Vermont has...short mountains and great roads. Connecticut not so much.
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    I would probably start on Cape Cod ( a lot of harbors and shoreline) and head North following the shore right into southern Maine.

Here are some pic from that region: http://www.leefortier.com/Along-the-Shore/Near-Sand-Surf/110013_5Sgcv#801247843_dkHuq

Enjoy your trip. Yo won't be disappointed.