Options

Record time for processing (10 images)

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Weddings
This was the second wedding I did in trade for a guy who installed my kitchen, this time his son.

The wedding venue is the Vandiver Inn in Havre De Grace MD.
871667215_jWUbV-L.jpg

871670705_GuxVb-L.jpg

871717184_L8oqa-L.jpg

871719241_X3hth-L.jpg

871759937_ZibQP-L.jpg

871782799_6TWUb-L.jpg

871818726_PNbe7-L.jpg

871831482_4j28A-L.jpg

871821541_fRX9s-L.jpg

I was LOVING the in camera flash commander...REALLY improves the usability of my hand held flash style.
871892614_BTNwb-L.jpg

Thanks for looking Comments/questions/critique always welcome.

Oh...this wedding was last Saturday and I delivered edited files this morning. I needed to get this done, because I have one Dan-e-O-shun this weekend, on the Eastern shore NEXT weekend, and a friday night blowout the week after that, I'm going to be a busy boy.

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    1 3 6 7 10
    I would like 1 and three in black and white. 1 has a retro look and three has lots of personality but not digging the color treatment.
    I like 6, lots of personality fun looking group, harsh sun you mellowed it out pretty well, maybe a crop to include all the flowers or crop the bottom two bouquets out, nice as is.
    I like 10 cool idea.
    The two different white balances is a bit distracting. If possible select the house and cool that light up to more evenly match the couple.
    7 has very nice light and color. I would clone out the distractions, left border, bottom left bright light, upper right dark section.
    Nice series overall.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2010
    Thanks Zoom, I never even thought of trying to match the bkg and fg white balance, too much masking but I think it would look good that way. 3 is with the ring flash, it is a work in progress that toy. I agree on 7, if that fit my time schedule it would definitely make it better.

Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    Interesting set of pictures…

I love #3… (she looks like she has a great sense of humour! thumb.gif )

…but what's with the picture hanger thingy on the wall behind her?

…dunno about the vignetting either - is that on purpose or what? (it's there again in #10) ne_nau.gif

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    Blurmore wrote: »
    Thanks Zoom, I never even thought of trying to match the bkg and fg white balance, too much masking but I think it would look good that way.

Gel
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2010
    The vignette is the same on all the B&W shots...it is part of the preset...I like the vignette. the Tokina zoom fish vignettes some naturally but not that bad...I added it. I guess I just like the look.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    In my very humble opinion, Jason, you may want to lose the soft focus-y look, and tone down the slightly off-beat sepia tones.

It may not prove to be as timeless as it seems now. Yes, there is something to be said for embracing the latest styles and delivering that if it's what the clients want, but I try my hardest to achieve a neutral, classic processing that will still look great in 20 years.

Of course this is just my opinion, and everybody's style differs. I'm just saying, be careful with your style...

Great job on the portraits and detail shots despite apparently harsh light! Gotta love love LOVE the pop-up CLS capability. I love Nikon... :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Nice to see another MD photographer around here :)
    Have-a-disgrace eh? lol.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    In my very humble opinion, Jason, you may want to lose the soft focus-y look, and tone down the slightly off-beat sepia tones.

It may not prove to be as timeless as it seems now. Yes, there is something to be said for embracing the latest styles and delivering that if it's what the clients want, but I try my hardest to achieve a neutral, classic processing that will still look great in 20 years.

Of course this is just my opinion, and everybody's style differs. I'm just saying, be careful with your style...

Great job on the portraits and detail shots despite apparently harsh light! Gotta love love LOVE the pop-up CLS capability. I love Nikon... :-)

=Matt=

Ya know,

I'm pretty particular about my B&W too, and these do have some - clarity, but I've been doing the split tones long before LR 1. I'd love to find some presets that emulate B&W emulsions, tone, grain structure, perfectly. Until I find that I will be monkeying with the conversions and splits. If this is a "trend" I'm unaware, this is how I've been processing my B&W since 05. For me perfect tri-X emulation with no splits > skin & hair optimized conversion, splits, -clarity, vignetting...but so far I haven't found perfect tri-x emulation. Bottom line is my clients dig the B&Ws I do, but I see your point and value your opinion.