Options

Posting a Photo

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited May 30, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
I've been trying to post a photo and just can't seem to do it the way I use too. Hope someone can help me.

I grab a copy (of the link) to a photo off my gallery and then click on the yellow box on top of here in dgrin with the little mountain :D This is where the problem comes in...all I hear is that dreaded "ting" and nothing happens. It won't open up the box to copy my gallery info into.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited May 28, 2010
    Strange. What browser? Windows or Mac?
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Strange. What browser? Windows or Mac?

Windows Vista using AOL for internet -- it's really got me perplexed since it always worked. That's what I get for going on vacation and coming home to post some photos :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited May 28, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Windows Vista using AOL for internet -- it's really got me perplexed since it always worked. That's what I get for going on vacation and coming home to post some photos :D

headscratch.gif Do the other buttons above the message box work?
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2010
    It works on IE -- I just tried it. Must be AOL messing up. Sorry to bother you :D
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    headscratch.gif Do the other buttons above the message box work?

No they don't...it must be an AOL thing like I just mentioned a split second ago :D

I see dgrin made changes when I was gone. Do you think dgrin will ever work with AOL?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited May 29, 2010
    No they don't...it must be an AOL thing like I just mentioned a split second ago :D

I see dgrin made changes when I was gone. Do you think dgrin will ever work with AOL?

This could be pop-up related.

If you've enabled a pop-up blocker, this would explain why you don't see the boxes. Please check to see that dgrin (in all of it's forms) can open pop-ups. dgrin.com, digitalgrin.com are the two sites that you should allow to open pop-ups.

HTH thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    And a quick workaround is to simply manually put in the img tags like this:[html]photo.jpg[/html]
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    This could be pop-up related.

If you've enabled a pop-up blocker, this would explain why you don't see the boxes. Please check to see that dgrin (in all of it's forms) can open pop-ups. dgrin.com, digitalgrin.com are the two sites that you should allow to open pop-ups.

HTH thumb.gif

I do have a pop up blocker, but it never was an issue with dgrin before. I did contact smug about it and it seems that whatever changes that were made here on the forum won't work with AOL :cry
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    And a quick workaround is to simply manually put in the img tags like this:[html]photo.jpg[/html]

Never thought about doing this -- Thanks!!! I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    I do have a pop up blocker, but it never was an issue with dgrin before. I did contact smug about it and it seems that whatever changes that were made here on the forum won't work with AOL :cry

The upgrade of forum software shouldn't have affected how you interact with dgrin over the AOL service.

There have been several updates of Windows and IE recently although nothing there would have caused this either.

Did you check the pop-up blocker to be sure it's accepting pop-ups from dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    It works on IE -- I just tried it. Must be AOL messing up. Sorry to bother you :D

Please don't use AOL-browser for anything like Dgrin or SmugMug. Just use a real honest-to-goodness browser. Try Firefox. If you must, use IE8 but Firefox will be much better.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    The upgrade of forum software shouldn't have affected how you interact with dgrin over the AOL service.

There have been several updates of Windows and IE recently although nothing there would have caused this either.

Did you check the pop-up blocker to be sure it's accepting pop-ups from dgrin?

I just rechecked my popup blocker and for some reason it had removed dgrin. I corrected it and now it works.

• Options
    edited May 30, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Please don't use AOL-browser for anything like Dgrin or SmugMug. Just use a real honest-to-goodness browser. Try Firefox. If you must, use IE8 but Firefox will be much better.

I can understand using Firefox, but I use AOL a lot so I can chat with my sons when I'm on the computer. I know there are other ways to talk with them, but this works the best for one of my sons.

Now it's working, but I will download Firefox. I know AOL is the pits, but why not use them for dgrin or smugmug?
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2010
    glad to hear it's working and thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I know AOL is the pits, but why not use them for dgrin or smugmug?
    AOL was proprietary and didn't work 100% like all the other browsers out there (even though it's based on IE). So there would be things that don't work...
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I can understand using Firefox, but I use AOL a lot so I can chat with my sons when I'm on the computer. I know there are other ways to talk with them, but this works the best for one of my sons.

Now it's working, but I will download Firefox. I know AOL is the pits, but why not use them for dgrin or smugmug?
    You can use AOL for your ISP no worries. And chat with your sons. But to browse the web? No way. Just get a real browser and upgrade your experience thumb.gif You'll be glad you did, it costs you nothing, and both things can run at the same time.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    AOL was proprietary and didn't work 100% like all the other browsers out there (even though it's based on IE). So there would be things that don't work...

Your right...AOL doesn't work well some times.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    You can use AOL for your ISP no worries. And chat with your sons. But to browse the web? No way. Just get a real browser and upgrade your experience thumb.gif You'll be glad you did, it costs you nothing, and both things can run at the same time.

I downloaded Firefox :D Just need to get use to it now.