Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #51 (yesterday or tomorrow)

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #51

Welcome to Round #51 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member. It will run from Monday, May 17th, 8:00am, PST time (GMT -7) to Monday, May 31st, 08:00am, PST time (GMT -7).

The topic ready for your interpretation: yesterday or tomorrow

Find a way to visually describe yesterday or tomorrow. These are two words that encapsulate so many ideas and feelings. The future, the past, ideologies, fads, styles, hope for something better, despair or remorse for our mistakes, however you see either of the words you are bound to find that they will stimulate your photographic senses to new heights.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
– Robert H. Goddard

Your Judges:
ghinson: (Winner of Round 48)
Guest Judge: Smithy

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some slight modifications

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Perfect! We went to the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum today. I'll have to see if I got anything good. :D
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    i see some wonderful shots in our future!!!!
    I already have an idea!!!!!
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    I am excited and spent the night dreaming of ideas for this, now to get the shot
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    I have an idea too, but haven't taken the shots yet. This is an interesting one! I'm getting excited about these challenges!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    What perfect timing.. I shot my submission last night.

I was just doing some street photography, walked down a narrow alley... And there it was.
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    Dang I have a winner but it was taken 3 years ago :) out to hunt for a photo!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Hi Sean -

Exif crisis, here: as some of you will know from my posts elsewhere on dgrin, I got a new camera earlier this month - apparently I didn't set the date correctly. My entry was modified AND taken yesterday, May 28th 2010. (given that the 7d wasn't released until autumn 2009, hopefully that supports my case :D )

Sorry for the confusion, and hope you can allow the shot!

~scurries off to go change date in camera~
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Hi Sean -

Exif crisis, here: as some of you will know from my posts elsewhere on dgrin, I got a new camera earlier this month - apparently I didn't set the date correctly. My entry was modified AND taken yesterday, May 28th 2010. (given that the 7d wasn't released until autumn 2009, hopefully that supports my case :D )

Sorry for the confusion, and hope you can allow the shot!

~scurries off to go change date in camera~

Since you have warned me ahead of time and your story makes perfect sense, all is well. No DQ for you mwink.gif
    Congrats on the new camera body! wings.gif

BTW I always get replies on threads I start so no need for a PM deal.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    thumb.gif Thanks Sean!!! (and sorry for overabundance of messages :hide)

ETA: Hey, just occurred to me it's almost appropriate that I should have my camera date (mis)set in the past for a theme which includes "Yesterday" as one of its elements!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    it's almost appropriate that I should have my camera date (mis)set in the past

UM, yea well I'm glad you did not use that as the excuse :*sip*
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2010
    Closed
    This round is now Yesterday,
    maybe tomorrow or even today you can shoot for DSS #52
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2010
    51 DQ's
    We only have 2 Disqualifications this round, both due to images taken outside of the challenge time period. :cry

Erbeman - Confused
    &
    SCHMEGGA - Alamo Escape

Please try again with fresh images. thumb.gif