Options

Oh no! Not more day lilies...

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited July 29, 2005 in Holy Macro
We've had such a mild winter that quite a few flowers are blooming, including this day lily.

These are not really macros, as both shots were taken more than 1m from the flower. I used the "very poor quality" Canon 75-300mm III handheld for these.

S=1/200s, F8, f=180mm & EX420 flash
30049241-O.jpg

There are even bee-like thingies flying around...
S=1/125s F13 f=100mm & EX420 flash
30049242-O.jpg

I can't wait to get a decent macro lens and an off-shoe flash cable.

regards
alan

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Nice macros Bigal. Our winter has been mild also...i heard crickets last night & that means the heat isnt too far away thank god.

Gus
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Nice macros Bigal. Our winter has been mild also...i heard crickets last night & that means the heat isnt too far away thank god.

Gus
    Thanks for comments Gus.

Day before yesterday it was 26C! Yesterday was 23C - unbelievable, it's supposed to be the middle of winter. We haven't had frost this month, probably why the flowers are blooming. My neighbour's oak tree already has a good growth of new leaves. It's so warm that I'm planning a major BBQ tomorrow so buddies can test my latest homebrew and then watch the rugger on the box...

regards
    alan
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    planning a major BBQ tomorrow
    regards
    alan
    That should read braai rolleyes1.gif Its odd but that round dry sausage your mob all eat is becoming very popular over here. Our SA population here is huge so we have to keep the home food up to them. I think everyone likes it because it has low fat in it.

I stoped at a servo (gas station) the other day in the middle of nowhere & inside they were selling biltong....now if i could just find someone importing supajuice. God i took a liking to that stuff.

Our day temps are the same as yours now....we only get a few weeks winter here...then the sun turns in its orbit & lowers itself to about 5000 feet above for the next season to fry what it missed last time.

Gus