Sedona, AZ suggestions for photo locations

PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
Hi all,

Going to Sedona in a few weeks...I've been there a few times before but now I'm looking for some new and exciting locations to shoot (besides the popular spots). Any suggestions? Here are a couple I took two years ago...

303247060_mKF87-L-5.jpg
303246890_tmYd5-L-5.jpg
Robyn T. Lisone
MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

Comments

• PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Just realized this probably should have gone in "Location, Location, Location" ...my bad! Can you relocate it???
    Robyn T. Lisone

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 26, 2010
    No problem! Moved.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited May 28, 2010
    Thanks for moving this thread Ian.

Anyone have any thoughts as to where to go in Sedona??? We're doing another Pink Jeep tour and going on a few "off the beaten path" hikes to places like Devil's Bridge (natural arch), and we'll wonder along Oak Creek, etc.

Would love some more ideas. Thanks!!!!
    Robyn T. Lisone

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Punkybeth wrote: »
    Thanks for moving this thread Ian.

Anyone have any thoughts as to where to go in Sedona??? We're doing another Pink Jeep tour and going on a few "off the beaten path" hikes to places like Devil's Bridge (natural arch), and we'll wonder along Oak Creek, etc.

Would love some more ideas. Thanks!!!!

If you're up for an easy hike go to Bell Rock. Parking lot just SE of town by the Circle K. Across the highway is Bike n Bean, a great mountain bike/coffee shop. They have maps and ideas for the hiker too. If Bell Rock was a breeze continue on to Chicken Point and Submarine Rock. Probably a stop on your Pink Jeep tour (this is their 50th year, if you are 50 years old you get half price tour!). Great red slick rock sites. The trail continues and comes out at the Church of the Rock in your photo. Also, take the highway north up Oak Creek and stop at the numerous parks along the way. Goes all the way to Flagstaff avoiding the interstate. Schnebly Hill road is another popular hiking route with great views and rocks. Across from Bell Rock there is a trail that goes down to the river. Popular hike/ride and then swim spot. Stop at Bike n Bean and get a local map. Ask them about "hangover". Nice cliff side trail where you hang on by your toe nails. Don't know how far in it is though. They have a laminated fold up map with all the points noted.

Have fun. Heating up out here and should be great in Sedona when you get here.

Jeff
    edited June 1, 2010
    Thanks for the info Jeff! Will definitely stop at Bike n Bean...I love a good cuppa joe (and bikes too)! I think I remember Bell Rock from last time, but I don't think we hiked it. Not sure about the "hangover" (I would probably pass out), but my hubby would love it I'm sure! Hey, does Bike n Bean rent bikes too? I'd love to ride around...even if only through town. That would be fun!
    Thanks again!
    If you're up for an easy hike go to Bell Rock. Parking lot just SE of town by the Circle K. Across the highway is Bike n Bean, a great mountain bike/coffee shop. They have maps and ideas for the hiker too. If Bell Rock was a breeze continue on to Chicken Point and Submarine Rock. Probably a stop on your Pink Jeep tour (this is their 50th year, if you are 50 years old you get half price tour!). Great red slick rock sites. The trail continues and comes out at the Church of the Rock in your photo. Also, take the highway north up Oak Creek and stop at the numerous parks along the way. Goes all the way to Flagstaff avoiding the interstate. Schnebly Hill road is another popular hiking route with great views and rocks. Across from Bell Rock there is a trail that goes down to the river. Popular hike/ride and then swim spot. Stop at Bike n Bean and get a local map. Ask them about "hangover". Nice cliff side trail where you hang on by your toe nails. Don't know how far in it is though. They have a laminated fold up map with all the points noted.

Have fun. Heating up out here and should be great in Sedona when you get here.

Jeff
    Robyn T. Lisone

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited June 2, 2010
    I'm totally digging your first shot there, Robyn. thumb.gifthumb.gif

I spent a weekend there chasing this shot. (Actually I was trying to get the moon directly over the spires but miscalculated.) Something to think about if you're going to be there during a full moon that coincides with sundown.

583288184_nQEYG-L-2.jpg
    edited June 2, 2010
    Ah, yes...your shot is awesome! Would LOVE to be there during sunset with the moon! I'll have to see what's on our itinerary.
    kdog wrote: »
    I'm totally digging your first shot there, Robyn. thumb.gifthumb.gif

I spent a weekend there chasing this shot. (Actually I was trying to get the moon directly over the spires but miscalculated.) Something to think about if you're going to be there during a full moon that coincides with sundown.

583288184_nQEYG-L-2.jpg
    Robyn T. Lisone