Options

Lightroom 3 available!

stormyboystormyboy Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited June 10, 2010 in Finishing School
It's not on the Adobe main site yet, but if you go to the Adobe Lightroom forum you find a post with a link to a trial of the release version of Lightroom 3. From there, the program lets you purchase a license. This is not the beta.
Tom (first post)

Comments

• Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Werd. The main site has been updated. Looks like I'm going to be $99 poorer... ;)
  • Options
    r9jacksonr9jackson Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    stormyboy wrote: »
    It's not on the Adobe main site yet, but if you go to the Adobe Lightroom forum you find a post with a link to a trial of the release version of Lightroom 3. From there, the program lets you purchase a license. This is not the beta.
    Tom (first post)
    Web sites at Adobe are getting updated throughout the day. For features check out Tom Hogary's post for the Lightroom team at: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/
    The main Adobe Lightroom page is at: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/
    It looks like it's time spend another $99 tomorrow.
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    I already upgraded (from 2 -> 3 Beta 2 -> 3 final) catalog importation and upgrading is VERY S-L-O-W, like I'm going out to get iced coffee while it does its thing slow. Just a warning.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Blurmore wrote: »
    I already upgraded (from 2 -> 3 Beta 2 -> 3 final) catalog importation and upgrading is VERY S-L-O-W, like I'm going out to get iced coffee while it does its thing slow. Just a warning.

are you sure about final ?
    its officially released yesterday
  • Options
    dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Is there a new LR3 publishing service for SmugMug like the one for Flickr?
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    basflt wrote: »
    are you sure about final ?
    its officially released yesterday

I paid for the download...so I assume it is final 3.
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    I paid for the download...so I assume it is final 3.
    in that case ;
    you have any idea why its so slow ?
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    most likely because I have a crap tonne of pics...some on network drives.
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    most likely because I have a crap tonne of pics...some on network drives.

so , mayby [ hopefully ] its rather the mess in your catalog ,
    rather then the lightroom app itself , right ?
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    well my mess is the same and I do not recall the upgrade being as slow from 1 to 2
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    my DL just finished
    i be back shortly
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    ok , i'm back
    no problem detected , so far
    seems even faster then 2.7

edit
    actually catalog is very much improved
    resize thunbnails
    render quality of thumbnails
    options for import
    folder options

very much changes in develop section too

> great
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smugmug

dberthia wrote: »
    Is there a new LR3 publishing service for SmugMug like the one for Flickr?
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Dan7312 wrote: »

This is just an export plugin, not the new Publish functionality that allows syncing, I think...although I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Don't forget NAPP members... you get %15 off the upgrade price (full too I assume). Just login to the NAPP member site and link over to Adobe from the member discount area.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Rhuarc wrote: »
    This is just an export plugin, not the new Publish functionality that allows syncing, I think...although I hope I'm wrong!

According to Jeffrey's post a couple hours ago, he is still working on the Publish Feature for SmugMug. He mentions SmugMug and Zenfolio are the top on his list and should be done in the next couple of weeks:
    The order is mostly random… I just cut-n-pasted stuff in. Among the exporters, SmugMug and Zenfolio will be next… almost certainly within the next couple of weeks. But the “normal export” of existing versions of the plugins should continue to work just fine —Jeffrey
    http://regex.info/blog/2010-06-08/1539#comments
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    IMPORT BUG in LR3 When MERGING Catalogs
    Here is the link to Nikon Cafe's Thread.......where in resides a link to Adobe about the bug.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Art,

Just a quick note, you have to register to read the info.

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate (actually i just don't do it) having to register at every darn site out there to read one article or to just visit.

Sam
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    NO license numbers yet?
    My LR 3 upload was quick and easy with no real issues except that no license number is provided. Adobe help desk said to use the 30 day trial to run and merge catalogs and that License Numbers would be emailed out within 24 hours. They aknowledge that this is a bug in thier download distribution. Are all of you having this issue?
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Does ordering the boxed copy to be shipped when available also allow for downloading the distribution for immediate use (with key)? Or do you just have to use the 30 day trial?
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    My LR 3 upload was quick and easy with no real issues except that no license number is provided. Adobe help desk said to use the 30 day trial to run and merge catalogs and that License Numbers would be emailed out within 24 hours. They aknowledge that this is a bug in thier download distribution. Are all of you having this issue?
    Not here... their online system gave me my new LR3 license number at the time of purchase last night.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Does ordering the boxed copy to be shipped when available also allow for downloading the distribution for immediate use (with key)? Or do you just have to use the 30 day trial?
    I doubt their online system will know the license key you will be given with your boxed software, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010

Well it took a little longer than they said but Adobe came through with a License number via email and all appears good.