Options

Some bloggage exposure...

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited June 9, 2010 in Weddings
My 3/14 wedding from last year is today's feature wedding on "off beat bride" check it out... http://offbeatbride.com/2010/06/maryland-science-museum-wedding

Bet they'd LOVE the Tim Burton themed wedding I'm shooting in August.

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    SWEET!!!! I was a little worried your name wasn't there but then I saw the link at the end. Let us know how this translates to more bookings. This is great Jason, congratualations.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Thanks Matt...yeah I really have to get after that whole slick watermarking/framing whatever stuff...but the reason I haven't is the same reason I most likely won't...I have all the work I can handle, and if people really want to rip off my images they will, and if they really want to find me...they will.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Blurmore wrote: »
    Thanks Matt...yeah I really have to get after that whole slick watermarking/framing whatever stuff...but the reason I haven't is the same reason I most likely won't...I have all the work I can handle, and if people really want to rip off my images they will, and if they really want to find me...they will.

Very true. But if you can book more of your own, or get more $$$ because of this kind of exposure it is a good thing for sure. A big chunk of your work is subcontract work isn't it? I don't know about all the watermarking and whatnot. Unless you destroy your images with giant banners through the middle it is always possible for someone to steal it.

You should have a link to this from your site/blog if you don't already. This just adds validity to what you do. The big thing here is that they linked to your website, and your pictures told the story that the article put to words... the dog, the comic book, the starry sky. you caught all the moments that the bride wanted to talk about in her interview. I think potential clients will get that from the artical as well as the information the article intended to give.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Yeah a link to this from my blog is a good idea...So far this year I've shot 2 sub and 3 of my own, 2 as a second shooter. At this point between being a dad and running a business I can't take on any more weddings under my name unless I farm out the processing. I'm buried and working until 2am to get these jobs out.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Blurmore wrote: »
    Yeah a link to this from my blog is a good idea...So far this year I've shot 2 sub and 3 of my own, 2 as a second shooter. At this point between being a dad and running a business I can't take on any more weddings under my name unless I farm out the processing. I'm buried and working until 2am to get these jobs out.

I wish I was so busy I had to farm out my processing! That's my biggest goal! I like the creative stuff but if I could pawn off the raw processing I would be one happy dude. If you are that busy, charge more and shoot less.

I know what you mean about the family matters though... my daughter is going to be at my house this summer m-th and unfortunately she is going to have to be patient while I am working on images and come along on some of my shoots. She is 11, so she is my jr assistant :D. Couple more years and I'll have to pay the kid. She is almost big enough to hold a lightstand with an umbrella!

Matt
    My Smugmug site