Options

It's raining E-sessions!

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited June 9, 2010 in Weddings
Did an eng shoot not too long ago, and thought I'd share some of the pics. We walked around alllll over Boston. It was a really fun couple and I think we all had a great time :D

c&c welcome as always :thumb

1:
884913322_wosd4-XL.jpg

2:
884913795_RmZqF-X2.jpg

3:
884909227_QKvxV-XL.jpg

4:
884911612_T7NvZ-XL.jpg

5: (some skin tone issues here ... still working on it)
884914568_TTL9J-XL.jpg

6:
884914896_KqFaT-XL.jpg

7: We had some harsh light (the couple wanted to have the shoot done in the mornign), hence some sun spots ... and I guess there are only that many spots on a tree you can sit on ... haha!
886643056_h3t8J-XL.jpg

8:
884914146_qjewQ-X2.jpg

9:
884909616_ShKL5-XL.jpg

10:
884915117_pAD6t-XL.jpg

11:
884915332_E8K4k-XL.jpg

12:
884915730_ksoUG-XL.jpg

13:
884916742_fv4eH-XL.jpg

14:
884916932_Bo9WM-XL.jpg

15:
884917144_xi29p-XL.jpg

16:
884917619_DsmRC-X2.jpg

17:
884918056_ryptn-XL.jpg

18:
884918748_7cqN4-XL.jpg

19: The crop is a bit awkward, but it was a quick snap & I somehow like it anyway ... 884919040_x26Zk-XL.jpg

20: Who said engagement shoots can’t be fun(ny)?? How cute is this:
884923376_WN4vs-XL.jpg

21:
884919559_5xyek-XL.jpg

22:
884919799_4T9w2-XL.jpg

23: ... I know not the best photo ... but did you spot Spider Man??? ;o)
884920422_wfySi-XL.jpg

24:
884922906_56BfZ-XL.jpg

25: I know they're a bit lost in space here, but I just wanted to show the whole (HUGE) graffiti
884921660_PaPsQ-XL.jpg

26:
884922544_GjLAk-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Angie.
    YOU are my HERO.

Love them all.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Wow....dudette!!! What a vivid variety....fun fun fun..if they aren't crazy about these they need a drink rolleyes1.gif Fabulous work..as usual....just so springy, fresh and love your colors here.....cool radical processing!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Angie you can't go this all out before the wedding... you're setting the bar too high for yourself! Great work!
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2010
    Oh shhhhhhhht you 3!! Haha ... But *thanks* I appreciate your comments iloveyou.gif

Patrick .... tell me about it, I shot 1400 photos (oh my!!), I usually don't ever shoot more than 500 (not the number that they get, but you get the idea ...). But the couple kept going and going, and I think if I wouldn't have called it good after 5h (!!!!) we would have been still shooting rolleyes1.gif . That was the longest e-shoot EVER - and still ... my photos would never come even close to whatever you guys are doing with your couples / models!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Spiderman was peeping!! Did they rent that double bike? It looks like so much fun for an engagement session! Speaking of fun- these two look like the naturally emit fun!

5 hour engagement session? 1400 photos from the sessions?! That's crazy! But then again, it definitely looks like it was worth it!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    mzanemzane Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Wow !!! Amazing set Angie! clap.gifclap
    Wolf Den Photography
    http://www.markzane.com

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2010
    Thanks guys iloveyou.gif
    zoomer wrote: »
    Why can't all engaged couples be this much fun headscratch.gif

The photography is clap.gifwings.gifivar

ne_nau.gif Don't even get me started ... rolleyes1.gif
    Spiderman was peeping!! Did they rent that double bike? It looks like so much fun for an engagement session! Speaking of fun- these two look like the naturally emit fun!

5 hour engagement session? 1400 photos from the sessions?! That's crazy! But then again, it definitely looks like it was worth it!

It rally WAS worth it. It is a super fun & cute couple and I am already excited (and scared, haha) to shoot their wedding this October. Even HE was in the photos and came up with some cute ideas + I loved how they kept switching poses & expresions after every second click, haha. PERFECT!

The tandem ... haha. I knew the couple doesn't own a car, and that they're going with their bikes everywhere ... and when we were meandering trough the park I saw a group of 5 people sitting and having a little pick-nick, and next to them was the bike ... so I couldn't resist, and we ended up asking them if we could have the bike for a couple of minutes. You'd be surprised how people react when a) they see a woman in a wedding gown + b) you tell them it's for an engagement shoot :Dthumb.gif (so now I can check that one of the list ... haha - Tandem: check / Graffiti wall: check / taking some decent photos at the Esplanade: check (I don't like that park much / tough might have to go back to that tree, haha) ... now I just need to have a couple that owns a super cool old-timer, and a couple that owns a couple nice, OLD bikes > didn't you shoot a couple with some cool bikes not too long ago??) thumb.gif ... ohhhh, and having seen Dave's photos in the portrait forum. I am still dying to get some shots with a cool airplane ... It's nice when you want things rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Wonderful Angie!!! The first few really are my faves. You always do such a great job playing with the sun. Really nice. The rest are fine too, and in a couple the groom looks young enough that they could be senior pictures, Ha! They are a very cute young couple. 5 hrs... you are nuts girl, but it does show in the work and I can see how time would fly with these two.

Question... I see that you did some work on her face in these. is that your typical? Will you do the whole set like that? Was there a reason such as acne?

Great job scoring the tandem btw... many people wouldn't have wanted to ask the bikers to borrow it. Goes to show it is worth it to ask!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    They are a very cute young couple. 5 hrs... you are nuts girl, but it does show in the work and I can see how time would fly with these two.

Question... I see that you did some work on her face in these. is that your typical? Will you do the whole set like that? Was there a reason such as acne?

Matt

I know, haha!! They do look quite young, but maybe we are just getting older ... haha. When I started off shooting weddings, the couples were usually my age ... and now they somehow keep getting younger rolleyes1.gif

Nah, I guess it's my style. I LOVE flawless skin (especially on the ladies). The guys are a bit harder to photoshop (so it doesn't look too fake / I usually just do the nose & forehead on them so they don't look too rough around the edges next to the brides, haha).
    I definitely don't do that with all the photos (boy, that would take me way too long), but I usually do it with the close-ups + especially with the portraits of the bride (while she's getting ready) + selected pics from the part where I pose the couple.

Thanks for the nice comment. And YES! It never hurts asking .. haha ... guess the worst they could have done is say no and give me a weird look, haha. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    So since we are talking about your skin processing... what do you do, dear lady?

Is that TRA "pro retouch" I see?
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    ear.gif

So uhm... can I 2nd? I like photographing fun people! :D:D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    PhotoByLealPhotoByLeal Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    very nice series! bowdown.gifthumb.gif
     - angel m. leal jr. - 
  • Options
    carrotorangescarrotoranges Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    wonderful ! Sweet !
    personally i like the kung fu kick No 18 .. :D
    Sharing the love from Malaysia.

www.carrotoranges.com
    juice@carrotoranges.com
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    crazy crazy good. the variety is just awesome
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2010
    So since we are talking about your skin processing... what do you do, dear lady?

Is that TRA "pro retouch" I see?

Hm no, that's an ancient action I found on dgrin, when I joined some years back. I would share the link with you guys, but looks like the guy took the post down ne_nau.gif Sorry .... :cry
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2010
    wonderful ! Sweet !
    personally i like the kung fu kick No 18 .. :D

Thanks. Ha! That was actually quite funny. I always have a "joke-pose" like this, where I tell the guy to do something "crazy" (that I would actually not expect him to do), so the rest of the session seems easy, haha! But the guy was like ... uh sure, that sounds awesome! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    It is so refreshing to see FUN people having FUN! I try so hard to get fun shots out of couples but some times they just aren't into it! Really fantastic job. Love the colors of the ones where they are laying on the ground. Boston is fantastic place to shoot an esession.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Really digging the sun flare! Great processing on all, I love the light feeling of these. 8 is real nice, 23 is cool, I love the bigness of 25! Looks like a pretty long shoot? Fun couple it seems!
  • Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    awesome job!

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Awesome photos, and MAN I wish someone in Alaska would do graffiti like that! Our best stuff here seems to be phallic symbols and profanity. headscratch.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    i love your style.
    wow.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options