Options

FS: Zuiko f/2.8-4.0 SWD 12-60mm ED for Olympus 4/3

RovingEyePhotoRovingEyePhoto Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited June 10, 2010 in The Other Guys
Check out my Flickr or SmugMug pages for what the 12-60 can do. Over 95% of shots displayed there were taken with it, fast, sharp, fine wide/short-tele range. For the genre I shoot, Zuiko's f.2.0 14-35 just plain will do the job better, faster at all FL's for greater DOF control. I'm willing to throw a pretty large bunch of dollars at the 14-35, just not the $1,780 B&H was asking last time I looked, so hopefully sale of my tried-and-true 12-60 will provide the difference. My 12-60 is in A-1 condition, original box/packing/instructions, very carefully babied by me over its full life, the only hick-up being a lost lens cap subsequently replaced. To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in the lens' circular polarizer and skylight filter. B&H rates the 12-60 at five-star based on 53 user reviews, DPReview and others are similarly positive. The lowest new 12-60 price I can find right now, without polarizer and skylight filter, is $798. Subject to my being able to buy the 14-35 at B&H's price shown, my asking price is $550 delivered. If you're able to find a better 14-35 price from a retailer I consider legit, I'll pass the difference on to you.
See my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26525400@N04/sets/. Policy is to initially upload 10-20 images from each shoot, then a few from various of the in-process shoots each time I log on, until a shoot is completely uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    tempurakitempuraki Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    tempuraki wrote: »
    Many thanks. I'll look into this ...
    See my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26525400@N04/sets/. Policy is to initially upload 10-20 images from each shoot, then a few from various of the in-process shoots each time I log on, until a shoot is completely uploaded.
  • Options
    olympus500olympus500 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2010
    I am interested in 12-60mm lens.
    Check out my Flickr or SmugMug pages for what the 12-60 can do. Over 95% of shots displayed there were taken with it, fast, sharp, fine wide/short-tele range. For the genre I shoot, Zuiko's f.2.0 14-35 just plain will do the job better, faster at all FL's for greater DOF control. I'm willing to throw a pretty large bunch of dollars at the 14-35, just not the $1,780 B&H was asking last time I looked, so hopefully sale of my tried-and-true 12-60 will provide the difference. My 12-60 is in A-1 condition, original box/packing/instructions, very carefully babied by me over its full life, the only hick-up being a lost lens cap subsequently replaced. To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in the lens' circular polarizer and skylight filter. B&H rates the 12-60 at five-star based on 53 user reviews, DPReview and others are similarly positive. The lowest new 12-60 price I can find right now, without polarizer and skylight filter, is $798. Subject to my being able to buy the 14-35 at B&H's price shown, my asking price is $550 delivered. If you're able to find a better 14-35 price from a retailer I consider legit, I'll pass the difference on to you.

I am interested in 12-60mm lens. Can you ship it immediatley. I can pay by paypal

Thanks

Ravi
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    olympus500 wrote: »
    I am interested in 12-60mm lens. Can you ship it immediatley. I can pay by paypal

Thanks

Ravi
    Coincidence! Addorama staff guy saw ad and contacted me to send to Addorama, and they'd inspect it and make an offer if in good shape. I sent same day, 2 days ago, UPS, so undoubtedly there by now. They pay freight out, and if we don't come to terms, they pay freight back, so I figured no loss in trying. These guys typically lowball an offer, so I'd turn it down, but figure I'll have their email report as professional third-party evidence of condition, so good thing to have when I do find a potential buyer, such as you. Only problem now is that it's there, not here. So I'll call them and find out time frame, and get back to you ASAP. That sound like a plan?
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2010
    olympus500 wrote: »

Thanks

Ravi
    Hi Ravi, spoke with Jacob at Addorama this morning. He says the lens was received yesterday, and that evaluation takes a few days, but offered, if their offer falls significantly short, to ship it directly to you rather than back to me. This will short-cut your receipt a few days. So this puts us kind of on hold for a few days, but with payback that they'll have inspected the lens, which should be of comfort to you should their offer fall short. They, of course, buy it to mark-up and re-sell, just a matter of how big the offer difference. I'm, including the polarizer and UV filter in offer to you, forgot to send those along with lens to them, so you're getting a nice gimme if in fact their offer falls short and you end-up buying. Please let me know if the delay is acceptable so we're ready to go when I hear back from them. If yes, send your shipping address, we'll exchange phone numbers, and make payment arrangements. We may want to take this private, so my email is rovingeye1@hotmail.com. Thanks ...

Stan