Options

Wallets Question

infaith photographyinfaith photography Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited June 14, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have done a search for this and if its in there I just can't find it.

I have a customer who would like to order wallets but would like to use different images on one sheet. I use Bay Photo and know this can be done with their Roes system but can we do this through SmugMug as well?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    I'm sorry, it's not possible via SmugMug. I wish I had a different answer for you.
  • Options
    infaith photographyinfaith photography Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm sorry, it's not possible via SmugMug. I wish I had a different answer for you.

No problem - thanks for the quick answer!
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    If you build the composite image for them as a 7x10 and sell it as that size print, there's a very good chance the lab will just instinctively diecut it as wallets for you... and if they don't, well, that's what scissors are for. :) The down side to that is that if you're using their color correction it's going to hinder them if the two images aren't needing the same correction. That might be more than you want to do for most customers, but if you have a one-off customer you want to do it for specially, it's an alternative.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's been years since a "standard wallet" sized print has fit in the vinyl inserts in my wallets... so even if they diecut them I'd end up trimming anyway. :(
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/