Options

A Maine Mountain Wedding

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited June 18, 2010 in Weddings
I'm a lurker for the most part, but, now that the season is officially well under way and my days in the classroom are numbered (3, not that I'm counting), I decided to show off the "horendous" location I had to work with this past weekend. C&C welcome, as always.

30731_400991146774_57192701774_4419597_1976385_n.jpg

Roof toop deck, complete with a hot tub, at sunset.
30731_401019651774_57192701774_4420721_631111_n.jpg

The bling on the guardrail cutout along the deck. It shows the ski trails of the mountain that the mansion looks at.
30731_401022461774_57192701774_4420863_3081673_n.jpg

The view of the mansion at night. (Excuse my darn watermark. I know it's annoying and I'm working on replacing it.) Wish I had done it an hour later with the stars out.
30511_401050896774_57192701774_4421913_92423_n.jpg
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Great work, I'd love to see more of the wedding!

1. Straighten this out and you have a winner
    2. If you get down lower than the couple you will see more of them.. I don't like how the horizon cuts her head off.
    3. Nice detail, could be stronger if you line the rings up on an intersecting third.
    4. Perfect. If you had waited, you would have lost the blue color in the sky.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2010
    Great work, I'd love to see more of the wedding!

1. Straighten this out and you have a winner
    2. If you get down lower than the couple you will see more of them.. I don't like how the horizon cuts her head off.
    3. Nice detail, could be stronger if you line the rings up on an intersecting third.
    4. Perfect. If you had waited, you would have lost the blue color in the sky.

Thanks for the feedback!

1. I straightened it based on the tower on the right. What line would you have used? It was a bit hard for me to decide.
    2. I was kicking myself after the fact. We literally ran up the tower, snapped the photo, and went down to catch some family members before they left.
    3. I'll tweak the crop for the final.
    4. Thanks! the 30 second exposure paid off. :D

These are just a few of the sneak peeks that I've been through. I have a couple others on my facebook page.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    I agree with needing to straighten number one. First glance, and I noticed the building in the BG was out of whack. Then, upon closer examination, the bride, groom and a couple of people next to them are canted to the right and not straight up and down...pull a vertical line, or put a piece of paper on the screen as a straight edge, and you will see what I'm talking about.

Very nice work.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    I agree with needing to straighten number one. First glance, and I noticed the building in the BG was out of whack. Then, upon closer examination, the bride, groom and a couple of people next to them are canted to the right and not straight up and down...pull a vertical line, or put a piece of paper on the screen as a straight edge, and you will see what I'm talking about.

Very nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

I got schooled by my husband, so I definitely see it now. It will be perfect in the final edit. Thanks!