Options

Trying flower pics for a change

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
edited August 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
Do either of these shots work?
same shot one in natural light , the other with flash, both have been focus stacked.

Brian V.
CRW_7376c.jpg

CRW_7377sc.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    I love glads. I much prefer #2 (and I am thinking it is natural light). Can you tell me what focus stacked means?

ann
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Both are nice but No. 2 is my favorite. Only one slight fault, the tip of the flower is cut off at the top. You did a great
    job of stacking, something I've tried but the wind never seems to be still enough.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    I love glads. I much prefer #2 (and I am thinking it is natural light). Can you tell me what focus stacked means?

ann
    Yes #2 is natural light.
    It means each picture is made up of two or pics which are taken at different focus depths. In both these cases they are made up of two pics one of the base open flowers and the other of the opening buds which were on a different focal plane. Then use a focus stacking programme (combinez5) which stacks the images and automatically chooses the in focus bits.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    Allen wrote:
    Both are nice but No. 2 is my favorite. Only one slight fault, the tip of the flower is cut off at the top. You did a great
    job of stacking, something I've tried but the wind never seems to be still enough.
    Al
    Thanks Al,
    I have had quite a lot of practice with stacked macro insect shots. The programme I use to stack the images (combinez5) seems quite forgiving- these were blowing around and the shots were handheld.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Nice shots Brian. thumb.gif I like the colors in #2, but prefer the DOF and detail in #1.

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    Nice shots Brian. thumb.gif I like the colors in #2, but prefer the DOF and detail in #1.

regards
    alan
    Thanks Alan, I haven't found a way of combining colours without affecting DOF yet. rolleyes1.gif