Options

google adwords has been setup and running about 2 weeks

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited June 27, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I have spent about $130 with average cost per click at $1.75 and yesterday I hooked my 1st booking for $300 3 hour event.

so far so good.
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    $300 for 3 hours?

Without knowing anything about your abilities, experience, or education, I'd encourage you to charge more the next time.

I've been an amateur who's been charging for four years or so. I'm up to $175 for an hour-long session, and would probably charge $400+ for a three-hour event. Do you need to hire a second? What about renting equipment?

The "real rate" I read when I see $300/3hrs is $50/hr. For each hour you're shooting, there's gonna be a little less than an hour of setup/driving/editing before or afterwords. If you're starting out, that's a great rate. Especially if you get to build a portfolio while doing it. But if you're already in the business and produce high quality work (to the point where other pros will refer you–not grandma recommending you), why sell yourself short?
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • Options
    janepjanep Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2010
    Wow, $130 and $1.75 per click means like a hundred clicks. With a 1% conversion rate, you must have an awesome website :)