Options

Strobe walk.

HarpHarp Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited August 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
28677586-S.jpgGot to try my first strobe shots. What do you think? Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Well, since you asked, I have to say "interesting" but it just isn't doing anything for me. Maybe it's because there's to much overlap. Can you slow the strobe down to get more seperation between the "exposures"? the background is fairly unflattering. In the other one with the bride - the dress ended up reflecting to much and created a big spot of overexposure.

I'll give you an A for effort - trying something new. Keep playing with it and see if you can come up with something...
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    I agree with phil, slow it down to get some seperation, and try a more interesting background.

James.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Yeah, look like you have the basic technique down.Now you have to apply it to telling a visual story.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Hi Harp,
    Sorry, but I have to agree with the others here. Either slow down the strobe or speed up the action. Instead of walking, have someone jumping over a challenging object to get some differing facial expressions. I see lots of possibilities here.
    You have a good start, definately worth exploring. Looking forward to more test shots.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 1, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Yeah, look like you have the basic technique down.Now you have to apply it to telling a visual story.
    you have such a poetic way with comments :D

I agree with all the above... you have plenty of exposure here, so speed up the action. notice the practically blown out portion near the bottom? you could even go a little less with the exposure and be fine.

multi-flash is fun, ain't it?? naughty.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]