Options

Vote for your favorite image 5/7 - 5/14

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited May 29, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please vote for your favorite image submitted for the week of 5/7 - 5/14. The assignment was cones. If the images were direct-linked, they are displayed.

The finalists (selected by Andy):

Need Cushion Codes - LiquidDye
Lit Cone - LiquidDye
Canvassing - gubbs
4047225-S.jpg

Chrome Cone - DirtDog
4073777-S.jpg

Lots of Crayons - fish
4075361-S.jpg

Goose Butts - gubbs
4191672-S.jpg

Rapunzel - fish
4082026-S.jpg

Snow Cone - Shakey
4137869-S.jpg

Hydrangea - tmlphoto
4139319-S.jpg

Bands - gubbs
4144722-S.jpg

Good luck!
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Vote for your favorite imageP 5/7 - 5/14 26 votes

Needle Cushion Cones - LiquidDye
7% 2 votes
Lit Cone - LiquidDye
3% 1 vote
Canvassing - gubbs
7% 2 votes
Chrome Cone - DirtDOG
23% 6 votes
Lots of Crayons - fish
11% 3 votes
Goose Butts - gubbs
30% 8 votes
Rapunzel - fish
0% 0 votes
Snow Cone - Shakey
3% 1 vote
Hydrangea - tmlphoto
0% 0 votes
Bands - gubbs
11% 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2004
    bump...get your votes in, kids. This poll will close on 05-19-2004 at 11:00 AM
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2004
    What time zone?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2004
    Fish, No joking... How come GUBBS images don't seem to "view" in my posts? I've never seen "Goose Butts!" Gees, I thought everything was working...
    ginette

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2004
    That's really odd, Alts. It's linked to a smugmug gallery, just like the others. There shouldn't be any difference. What browser are you using? Also, are you using a firewall like Zonealarm?

And what happens when you cut and paste this url into your browser address bar?

http://gubbs.smugmug.com/photos/4191672-S.jpg

And finally, do you see Gubbs' other photos, called "Canvassing" and "Bands"?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2004
    Pretty tight vote at the moment... This needs sorting !!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    That's really odd, Alts. It's linked to a smugmug gallery, just like the others. There shouldn't be any difference. What browser are you using? Also, are you using a firewall like Zonealarm?

And what happens when you cut and paste this url into your browser address bar?

http://gubbs.smugmug.com/photos/4191672-S.jpg

And finally, do you see Gubbs' other photos, called "Canvassing" and "Bands"?

No Sid, I don't see any of GUBBS images, and in the new assignment, I can't view the one titled "Maude." Yet I am able to view everyone else's. It's very odd, don't you think?
    Now, since IE was not working well on the Mac for accessing the Smugmug image urls, I changed to Mozilla 1.7B. After changing everything has run well, until this odd phenomenon.
    Pasting the address into the bar, does of course get me to his page... but as the address does not appear in GUBBS window, I am not even able to seek out his photo in that manner.
    Ideas?
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2004
    AltPro wrote:

No Sid, I don't see any of GUBBS images, and in the new assignment, I can't view the one titled "Maude." Yet I am able to view everyone else's. It's very odd, don't you think?
    Now, since IE was not working well on the Mac for accessing the Smugmug image urls, I changed to Mozilla 1.7B. After changing everything has run well, until this odd phenomenon.
    Pasting the address into the bar, does of course get me to his page... but as the address does not appear in GUBBS window, I am not even able to seek out his photo in that manner.
    Ideas?
    ginette

Do you have a Firewall of any kind? I have Zone Alarm. It pops up little boxes in the lower right of my screen asking me to allow a "svc.exe" connection to the internet. When I clicked no, I used to have trouble seeing some images. Now that I click yes on the two boxes that appear, I see everything.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. I use Mozilla Firebird. It's a pain to use Java and other plug-ins, at first. But I shouldn't think that has anything to do with seeing a simple smugmug link. headscratch.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2004
    It's a funny thing, I couldn't see his them on the machine I use Mozilla on, but can with IE.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    It's a funny thing, I couldn't see his them on the machine I use Mozilla on, but can with IE.
    Weird, eh? Well at least I know that it is not just me... Does anyone out there have any idea why Gubbs's photo don't show on Mozilla, but they do on IE? Andy?
    confused...
    ginette
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2004
    Ive checked my gallery settings and all seems to be in order.
    I started use "firefox" last week. I find that sometimes images are missing, (and won't appear even if I refresh the page) but I don't think they are from one particular person.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2004
    congratulations, gubbs
    gubbs wrote:
    Ive checked my gallery settings and all seems to be in order.
    I started use "firefox" last week. I find that sometimes images are missing, (and won't appear even if I refresh the page) but I don't think they are from one particular person.

you won this one, with goose butts! a great image.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2004
    Thanks everyone! !biggrinbounce2.gif