Options

Bridal fashion session

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited July 2, 2010 in Weddings
Very fun couple, got married in NY back in May. We did their bridal fashion session in Des Moines about a month ago. Here is a link to an image video...

http://vimeo.com/12821731

DeLaCruz-3803.jpg

DeLaCruz-3891.jpg

DeLaCruz-3993.jpg

DeLaCruz-4044.jpg

DeLaCruz-4090.jpg

DeLaCruz-4100.jpg

DeLaCruz-4101.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    oooooo fun.!

These are a little bright for my eye, but over all great composition and style.

#3, i think the tilt distracts from the photo (and this is coming from someone who tilts tooo much). They are already dipping, so why not make it a straight on shot?

The straight on color shot in number 7 is much stronger then the tilt in number 6. I would have opened the crop a little more on the right side in number 7. Darken her a little and it would be my FAV!

love the art.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Appreciate the feedback.

Our images are shot and processed for print. We know when printing, it ends up slightly darker. I already printed and got back the first image, printed on metallic. No issues.

On the web, they will often appear a little hot. I can tell you in processing, none of the important details were lost.

In addition, my style has always been lots of contrast and strong highlights when desired. I am aware this style will appeal to some and not to others.

#6 was ordered as a 20x30 canvas wrap. #2 is the cover of their 8x8 image box that will contain a number of mounted 8x8 prints...some from this session and some from her boudoir session.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Awesome. + I love the shots with that statue (last 2 pics). how cool!!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Appreciate the feedback.

Our images are shot and processed for print. We know when printing, it ends up slightly darker. I already printed and got back the first image, printed on metallic. No issues.

On the web, they will often appear a little hot. I can tell you in processing, none of the important details were lost.

Amen. I always get critiqued here for "hot" photos but in my experience, the most common printing problem is "too dark" photos. :)

Fantastic set. 7 is a show stopper.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Appreciate the feedback.

In addition, my style has always been lots of contrast and strong highlights when desired. I am aware this style will appeal to some and not to others.

#6 was ordered as a 20x30 canvas wrap. #2 is the cover of their 8x8 image box that will contain a number of mounted 8x8 prints...some from this session and some from her boudoir session.

good to know. i'm sure they came out great for print. after watching the slide-show I can say they defiantly don't look blown out. Again, nice set.

Also, i do like your style, don't get me wrong, I was just saying she looked a little washed out compared to him in most of the photos posted here.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    4, 6, and 7...great stuff! Holy Fantastic Font Batman, that statue rocks!
  • Options
    pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Hey Jeremy!

Really like the backgrounds behind the sculptures! Really well done.