Options

St. Louis Fireworks

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This was my first time ever shooting fireworks. I have a ton to learn but it's a lot of fun! They may not be as good as some others on here but I thought I'd share anyway.

I think this is my favorite. It was #8 but I moved it to the top. :D
dsc34461.jpg

dsc34321.jpg

dsc33001.jpg

dsc3288.jpg

dsc34331.jpg

dsc3286qt.jpg

dsc3298e.jpg

dsc34091.jpg

dsc34431.jpg

dsc3444.jpg

dsc343931.jpg

dsc32991.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    I really like #7 with the Arch and the blob of color reflecting off the water. Looks like a great show! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Very nice work. Much better than my results, 422 out of focus shots. Oh well I will recycle the electrons.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    Thanks, guys. I hope to get some more/better shots tomorrow! I love looking at firework shots! Trippy!

Sorry, to hear that you lost a lot of shots, BradfordBen. Try again tomorrow!!! mwink.gif
  • Options
    Travism82Travism82 Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Thanks, guys. I hope to get some more/better shots tomorrow! I love looking at firework shots! Trippy!

Sorry, to hear that you lost a lot of shots, BradfordBen. Try again tomorrow!!! mwink.gif

I agree, I think number 7 is my fave!
    Equipment: Canon 40D and Powershot SD750. Lenses: 18-55mm, 28-135mm and 70-300mm.

Smugmug Account: http://travism.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    Thanks, guys! I think I like #8 the best. I have a bunch of shots from the past two nights. It was fun but I think I'm done with fireworks until next year. It was a 4 hour deal JUST to get 15 minutes worth of pics last night. I guess it was worth it but the congestion in downtown St. Louis is almost unbearable when the fair is going on. Not doing it tonight! :( Looking forward to next year though!
  • Options
    TrigPhotographyTrigPhotography Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Awesome shots.
    Frank C. Grace
    Shooting with a Pentax K-5 and a slew of other goodies
    SmugMug | HDR Spotting | Flickr | Facebook | Google+
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2010
    Awesome shots.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    Hey, mods, can you change post title to St. Louis Fireworks? I tried to do it but it wouldn't work. I should have named it correctly from the beginning but didn't think about it until all the other firework pics from different cities started popping up. Thanks!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited July 6, 2010
    Hey, mods, can you change post title to St. Louis Fireworks? I tried to do it but it wouldn't work. I should have named it correctly from the beginning but didn't think about it until all the other firework pics from different cities started popping up. Thanks!
    Done. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    I like the ones with the Arch in them the best.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Done. thumb.gif

Thank you, sir! thumb.gif

Raina.Rae wrote: »
    I like the ones with the Arch in them the best.

Thanks, Raina! Me too!!