Options

Philadelphia Zoo

debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 2, 2005 in Wildlife
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just acquired the 70-200 f/4, and I'm thinking of going to the Philadelphia Zoo this weekend. Has anyone been here? Is it condusive to taking pictures? Will the 3021BPro tripod be allowed in?

Toine
[/font]

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    have a great time at the zoo!!!! here is a contact for you to ask your question.....
    Guest Relations
    Phone
    Email 215-243-5272
    guestrelations@phillyzoo.org

debtoine wrote:
    [font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just acquired the 70-200 f/4, and I'm thinking of going to the Philadelphia Zoo this weekend. Has anyone been here? Is it condusive to taking pictures? Will the 3021BPro tripod be allowed in?

Toine
    [/font]
  • Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    debtoine wrote:

Toine
    [/font]
    I was at the Philadlphia Zoo about 2 months ago. I was very hot and the primates prefered to stay inside so I had to shoot through dirty glass. They are building a new cat house and the cats have been moved to another zoo. There were a couple of leopards there though. It was very crowded as well and people don't seem to care if you're trying to get a shot. Also a lot of the areas you have to shoot into the sun. All in all I was not very happy.
    You may want to consider the Safari at Great Adventure. I got some nice shots there last month.

Bear
  • Options
    debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    I was at the Philadlphia Zoo about 2 months ago. I was very hot and the primates prefered to stay inside so I had to shoot through dirty glass. They are building a new cat house and the cats have been moved to another zoo. There were a couple of leopards there though. It was very crowded as well and people don't seem to care if you're trying to get a shot. Also a lot of the areas you have to shoot into the sun. All in all I was not very happy.
    You may want to consider the Safari at Great Adventure. I got some nice shots there last month.

Bear
    But, don't you have to keep your car windows closed at the Safari? Don't people behind you get mad if you take too long in one spot to take a pic?

T