Options

So I'm new

shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 5, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I tried to locate the most recent open challenge and observed no way to upload a photo. I read the pages upload instructions but those were no help since there was no logout option at the bottom of the page or a login option at the bottom of the page like it stated there was. I'm not logged in under my smugmug account, sooo yeah I'm up in the air as to what to do.

Comments

• Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=171297

Inside this thread is a button to click, and when you go there, you follow the login/logout directions. It feels weird the first time, but it works!

(Maybe you do need to start by being logged in??? Dunno to that....)
    Good luck!
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Make sure you're in the current entry gallery (linked in the post mentioned above) and not the past winners gallery. The past winners/entries galleries do not have a login option at the bottom.
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Welcome to DGrin shutterbug616!
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    F4shotF4shot Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2010
    HELP. I'm new too and can't figure out how to upload
    I followed the instructions below, but never saw where to click on the 'Challenge Submissions' so that I could get to the 'Add Photos'. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to enter my first challenge entry.

Ok... I figured it out. Da. The instructions should read. Click on 'Upload' and then 'To this gallery'.

How to upload:
    Note: Uploading your image requires you to login to this gallery with a specific user name and password. Therefore, if you are logged in on your own SmugMug account, you must first click on 'logout' at the bottom of this page.
    At the bottom of this page, click on 'login'.
    When prompted for an email/password, use "challenges" for both, and click on 'Log In'.
    You will be redirected to this page.
    Click on the 'Challenge Submissions' gallery to enter it.
    Click on 'Add Photos', near the top. Select 'To This Gallery'.
    When prompted for what uploader to use, we recommend the 'simple uploader. For help or problems with the uploader, please see this SmugMug help page.
    Drag your image to the Simple Uploader, and click on 'Upload'.
    After you have uploaded the image, make sure you caption it with your Dgrin username and a unique image title. Please use this format: username - title.
    When you are done, don't forget to click on 'Logout' near the bottom of the page!
    Those familiar with other uploading methods may, of course, use those methods with the same username/password (challenges) combination.

I tried to locate the most recent open challenge and observed no way to upload a photo. I read the pages upload instructions but those were no help since there was no logout option at the bottom of the page or a login option at the bottom of the page like it stated there was. I'm not logged in under my smugmug account, sooo yeah I'm up in the air as to what to do.
  • Options
    ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    The challenge submissions gallery isn't a button it is the gallery where current challenge submissions are viewed so click on the current contest gallery. Then you will see the upload button - hope that helps
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Welcome shutterbug616. You will get the hang of it in no time. See if any of this makes any sense to you.

The current challenge (this one is #54 - Visual Cliché) is always listed at the top of the threads (http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
    THe links are the underlined words and when you move your cursor over them they should let you click on it to get to the DSS#54 Entry Gallery.

Always be sure to read through the post telling about the gallery and the challenge rules linked at the bottom.
    F4shot wrote: »
    I followed the instructions below, but never saw where to click on the 'Challenge Submissions' so that I could get to the 'Add Photos'. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to enter my first challenge entry.

Ok... I figured it out. Da. The instructions should read. Click on 'Upload' and then 'To this gallery'.

How to upload:
    Note: Uploading your image requires you to login to this gallery with a specific user name and password. Therefore, if you are logged in on your own SmugMug account, you must first click on 'logout' at the bottom of this page.
    At the bottom of this page, click on 'login'.
    When prompted for an email/password, use "challenges" for both, and click on 'Log In'.
    You will be redirected to this page.
    Click on the 'Challenge Submissions' gallery to enter it.
    Click on 'Add Photos', near the top. Select 'To This Gallery'.
    When prompted for what uploader to use, we recommend the 'simple uploader. For help or problems with the uploader, please see this SmugMug help page.
    Drag your image to the Simple Uploader, and click on 'Upload'.
    After you have uploaded the image, make sure you caption it with your Dgrin username and a unique image title. Please use this format: username - title.
    When you are done, don't forget to click on 'Logout' near the bottom of the page!
    Those familiar with other uploading methods may, of course, use those methods with the same username/password (challenges) combination.