Options

Image size guidelines for print sizes

AlpenglowphotosAlpenglowphotos Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited July 6, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ok. I am new to selling photos and am just developing my smugmug site for the purpose. I obviously don't want to offer printsizes where the image quality is going to be too poor for that size print. Can anyone give me any guidelines on what size images work for what size prints or where I might find this information? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    What camera do you shoot with? Most any modern DSLR will produce files that can print well at ALL of our print sizes.
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    I shoot a lot of high school baseball with my 70-200 2.8 on a 1.5 crop factor D300. Even with the crop, I end up cropping a lot of my photos even more before posting to Smugmug. If the photo gets to be too small to print at a large size, the purchasing interface will automatically say "This Photo Is Too Small To Print At This Size"

It is rare for this to happen because 98% of what people buy from me are 4" X 6" prints.

So don't worry about it. Just load your photos and Smugmug will take care of you :o)
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.