Options

No rain required...

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I was actually in the car with the camera on the passenger seat at the side of me when I spotted this little scene at the side of a bus stop on the way into the city centre.

I made it B&W because the colour of the brolly (pink) was at odds with the rest of the scene.

Photographed through the front window of the car as I sat waiting at the traffic lights, it meant afterwards that I had to clone a "ghost" out of the photo just above the brolly handle caused I assume by the windscreen. I wondered for a brief moment if the umbrella was just dumped because the sharp spring-like rain in summer had finally gone away and it's owner didn't want to carry it around (embarrassed to be the only one in the city with a brolly when the sun was out) but looking closely suggests it is broken...

WDYT?

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: 105mm
Image Date: 2010-07-05 11:01:17 +0000
Focal Length: 105mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 0.0013 s (1/750)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Paul Iddon
Copyright: A View of the UK - Paul Iddon Photography

800f4f.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited July 7, 2010
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I think what is bothering me is the sticker on the trash container, which disturbs what would otherwise be a poetic composition. I would also crop out the two bright spots on the left edge. The conversion is very nice and the DOF is lovely.