Options

Gold foil stamping?

Mrs. Prout Has a CameraMrs. Prout Has a Camera Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited July 9, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I am not happy with the look of my watermark on my images. I find it to be a pain in the rump to constantly have to resize my logo to make it relate to the size of the photo. I can't seem to make it look consistent and professional.

I am SUPER interested in doing a gold stamped logo on each proof and print. However, I can't seem to find a way to do so!

I'd like to be able to put names and year on wallets for seniors as well.

Anyone know how to do this? Is it done through the print lab? I use MPIX and am really happy with their products, prices, and shipping. I've used them for about 4 years.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    My labs have done an over lay for the senior XX .....as to gold foil stamping...you need to find some one to make the slugs for you (the lead die stamp)...usually your signature.......the premere foil stamp maker was Vetch and I think they are still in business.....just google Vetch Foil Stamp(ing)
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Mrs. Prout Has a CameraMrs. Prout Has a Camera Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    I googled vetch foil stamping and the top result was a link to my thread. lol Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    I googled vetch foil stamping and the top result was a link to my thread. lol Any other suggestions?

Ah! I think you meant veach. :)
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Ah! I think you meant veach. :)
    yeah that could be...new glasses and I do not type....I hunt and peck...so thew bifocals are working against memwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    IIRC, there is a lab that does this. I think I saw them advertised in the back of RangeFinder. Can't remember off the top of my head.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    I think this is something Millers offers (check before you jump). Bay Photo does not do this, and I haven't heard anything from them indicating they're adding foil stamping.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2010
    from Rangefinder classifieds: United Promotions Inc....a full service digital and film lab...... http://www.upilab.com email: sales@upilab.com offers gold foil stamping and http://www.pechmanimaging.com offers gold foil on 2x3 wallets only at 14¢ (cents) each print.

• Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    from Rangefinder classifieds: United Promotions Inc....a full service digital and film lab...... http://www.upilab.com email: sales@upilab.com offers gold foil stamping and http://www.pechmanimaging.com offers gold foil on 2x3 wallets only at 14¢ (cents) each print.

That's the one I was thinking of (UPI).
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter