Brings back memories. Nicely captured!
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Thanks Cory,
    Good memories no? I hope my son feels the same way when he looks back.
    I also processed it in sepia, something I rarely do, and if I do, never post here, but I like it for this shot.

921298714_sUPBD-XL-1.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    It evokes the title, but seems to miss. Maybe needed to get to the side of the kids to show the sense of awe in their faces or to get a better placement of the major leaguers on the field that are the sense of their awe.
  • Options
    CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Good memories, indeed! Texas Rangers for me, though :D

I remember finding the games on TV at T-Ball age and trying to watch them. My dad thought they were boring and used his veto power. Then I started playing, he got into it (eventually coached), and if a game was on TV the channel was staying there. Always loved going to the games.

I agree that sepia works with this one.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Nice job, Lizzard!

I was thinking that the B&W is sort of missing something…

…but the sepia hits it right on the nail!

I'm jealous!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    It evokes the title, but seems to miss. Maybe needed to get to the side of the kids to show the sense of awe in their faces or to get a better placement of the major leaguers on the field that are the sense of their awe.

Hi Rainbow,
    When I was processing them, the same thought went through my head--I do remember trying to figue out how to get their faces (emotions) as well as the players infront of them. I have some where they turned to look at me, but they don't work--I like that they are looking at the players. I also have some with the players better positioned, but then the crowd around the kids is too thick and they don't stand out. This is the best of the bunch.

but I do get what you're saying, because I thought it too.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    CoryUT wrote: »
    Good memories, indeed! Texas Rangers for me, though :D

I remember finding the games on TV at T-Ball age and trying to watch them. My dad thought they were boring and used his veto power. Then I started playing, he got into it (eventually coached), and if a game was on TV the channel was staying there. Always loved going to the games.

I agree that sepia works with this one.

Hey,
    I remember the Rangers--used to live there and went to see Nolan Ryan a few times. I'm a Yankee fan all the way though, I also coach my son's little league team:)
    We are a baseball family, so this one is really special for me.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    Nice job, Lizzard!

I was thinking that the B&W is sort of missing something…

…but the sepia hits it right on the nail!

I'm jealous!

thumb.gif

- Wil

Thank you Will--now that was indeed a compliment:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Pretty close. Its gots something to say. For me BW works the
    better of the two. But thats just me.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Pretty close. Its gots something to say. For me BW works the
    better of the two. But thats just me.

Thanks DaddyO--
    Glad I posted both versions.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Hi Rainbow,
    When I was processing them, the same thought went through my head--I do remember trying to figue out how to get their faces (emotions) as well as the players infront of them. I have some where they turned to look at me, but they don't work--I like that they are looking at the players. I also have some with the players better positioned, but then the crowd around the kids is too thick and they don't stand out. This is the best of the bunch.

but I do get what you're saying, because I thought it too.

Not seeing them I have no way of really knowing; but, is there a way of making one out of pieces of the different shots you refer to?

Jane B.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2010
    Jane B. wrote: »
    Not seeing them I have no way of really knowing; but, is there a way of making one out of pieces of the different shots you refer to?

Jane B.

Hi Jane,
    I think I know what you are saying, but 1--I don't know how to do that and 2. for this forum (street/pj) I try to capture a moment-meaning not posed shots, minimal post processing besides cropping, b&w, exposure etc.
    That's part of the difficulty/challenge of shooting this style is that you really have to work a scene quickly to capture a moment in time without cloning or composites etc, but getting the real deal.

For me this shot is a keeper, special to me, but I can see why it doesn't work for some--I do wish I had captured the reactions/emotions on their faces somehow--and that's where working a scene comes in to play, I didn't/couldn't work it enough.

Thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Hi Jane,
    I think I know what you are saying, but 1--I don't know how to do that and 2. for this forum (street/pj) I try to capture a moment-meaning not posed shots, minimal post processing besides cropping, b&w, exposure etc.
    That's part of the difficulty/challenge of shooting this style is that you really have to work a scene quickly to capture a moment in time without cloning or composites etc, but getting the real deal.

For me this shot is a keeper, special to me, but I can see why it doesn't work for some--I do wish I had captured the reactions/emotions on their faces somehow--and that's where working a scene comes in to play, I didn't/couldn't work it enough.

Thanks for commenting.

I got the impression that you knew the boys (relative?) and that the shot had meaning for you beyond this forum.
    I can see not doing that for this forum.

Jane B.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    oh man..good shot..could have been great if that guy on the left was not there!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    oh man..good shot..could have been great if that guy on the left was not there!

I know!!!

So close.
    Liz A.
    _________