Assignment #2: One

1234568»

Comments

• banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Ok. Its some kind of sea creature my wife got to hold it so I thought I would take a pic of it.
    I am having trouble loading pictures up in my other post they have come up HUUGE taking over the monitor so much you cant se the whole picture. If you click on it you can see the image a bit bigger and you can really see the detail a lot more. I am using imagshack to host my pics as I am at work and they have banned a lot of sites like this. Is there any recommendations to a site I can use which will make them a decent size
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    bandit wrote: »
    Is there any recommendations to a site I can use which will make them a decent size
    Hmm... lemme think... www.smugmug.com? mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited July 8, 2010
    ?? i dont get the smugmug.com comment am i missing something ne_nau.gif

ok here is another picture i took today of a place near me called castle hill

its one castle dominating the picture its just 1 place on a hill

castlehill.jpg
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)
    edited July 8, 2010
    ?? i dont get the smugmug.com comment am i missing something ne_nau.gif
    You've asked for a photosharing site that you can use to share larger version... Many of us here use smugmug...deal.gif
    bandit wrote:
    ok here is another picture i took today of a place near me called castle hill
    its one castle dominating the picture its just 1 place on a hill
    It's a nice one. Not sure about horizon: it's it tilted for real (many old buildings are) or it's an shooting angle? headscratch.gif
    I would also try a wider shot to show there is nothing else around, to emphasize its loneliness and one-ness... headscratch.gif
    edited July 8, 2010
    it is a little tilted itself.
    i was trying to go for the dominating single object
    edited July 8, 2010
    it is a little tilted itself.
    ah c
    bandit wrote:
    i was trying to go for the dominating single object
    We have a saying in Russia: "Greatness can only be appreciated from a distance". Same principle, I think, is in play here: due to a tight framing it's not possible to say if this this building is really alone and dominant, or there are 20..30 similar ones just outside the frame... headscratch.gif
    edited July 17, 2010
    Ahhh i totally understand what you are saying
    i have taken a much longer pic below this is not to enter just to show it is a lonley building. i will repost another one for the assignment

dsc00594n.jpg
    edited July 17, 2010
    Ahhh i totally understand what you are saying
    i have taken a much longer pic below this is not to enter just to show it is a lonley building. i will repost another one for the assignment
    Gotcha...
    edited July 17, 2010
    Nikolai i just want to say thanks. Even though i have only made a few posts to these you have really changed my way of looking at things. I have seen a drastic improvement to my style based on what i have read and been told. Thanks so much for allowing me to attend these classes you are a true legend and all your words are greatly taken on board.
    edited July 17, 2010
    Nikolai i just want to say thanks. Even though i have only made a few posts to these you have really changed my way of looking at things. I have seen a drastic improvement to my style based on what i have read and been told. Thanks so much for allowing me to attend these classes you are a true legend and all your words are greatly taken on board.
    Classes are free and open - and you got me blushing...
    Anyway, glad it helps :-) thumb.gif
  • JustRamblingJustRambling Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2016
    One of everything..lol
    One Dog Nose (One color - Brown)
    DSC_0117-XL.jpg

One Flower - Inside
    DSC_0119-XL.jpg

One Flower - Outside
    DSC_0120-XL.jpg
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,165 moderator
    edited April 21, 2016
    You're late with your homework! We won't take points off for tardiness because those are good shots.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JustRamblingJustRambling Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    You're late with your homework! We won't take points off for tardiness because those are good shots.

Laughing.gif! Thanks! rolleyes1.gif