Options

Baby, I asked you not to keep me waiting - Erik & Nancy

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited July 8, 2010 in Weddings
Their last dance song was sweet! Very classy and potent at the same time.

I am not going to post too much as my blog has a huge collection of this massive wedding. Check it out.

Shot this at the mariott in Trenton. Erik and Nancy, as some have seen from the engagement session, are such wonderful people and them and their entire family are such genuine individuals. Plus it doesn't hurt that her mom kept telling me that even though I am photographing, that I am part of the family and that I can drink and eat all I want! Can't piss off the mom now... EAT DRINK AND BE MERRRY!!!!! :D

Anyway some highlights!

925718362_2KGiJ-L.jpg

925718243_kVTUc-L.jpg
A little soft. Oh well.

925718102_9W2S9-L.jpg

925718042_CLEFh-L.jpg

925715516_82Msh-L.jpg

925715552_FoiTr-L.jpg

925715431_2TduC-L.jpg

925715402_paF56-L.jpg

925742229_auPvu-L.jpg

925738921_WwPEv-L.jpg

925738047_Bh2xY-L.jpg

925730143_MuqsU-L.jpg

925730104_EJ5sH-L.jpg

925721112_dtvVr-L.jpg
I need to clone the "uncle bob" out. This is one of my favorite shots.
925720979_EdecE-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! [My first solo wedding!]
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Nice direct flash tupperware uncle bob!

Good stuff moogle, how many off camera flashes did you have set up? And how do the different flashes know when to fire for each pic? I hope to someday be able to shoot a wedding with this type of set up, or atleat 2nd shoot some to get a feel for it lol.

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    #11 is by far my fav! as i said before! her dress is rockin!

Not a huge fan of #2, or #3, both seem a little too soft for me. And the processing on #3, doesn't fit in with the rest of your pics.

Ring shot clap.gif

Great first solo job!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    I really like this set Ted. Nicely done. (and the blog post is HUUUGE rolleyes1.gif)

I think you took your style even further with this set. The processing works out great with these. The only one I don't like is #6 (on the left). Waaaayyyyy to blow in my opinion. Assuming you just got out of the dark hotel and didn't change your settings ne_nau.gif and I LOVE your flash at the reception, but I think it's a bit overdone (too many pics like this / on the blog anyway). Tough ... I do like the effect clap.gif

My favorite is definitely #12 bowdown.gif

Way to go MR!
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    I really like this set Ted. Nicely done. (and the blog post is HUUUGE rolleyes1.gif)

I think you took your style even further with this set. The processing works out great with these. The only one I don't like is #6 (on the left). Waaaayyyyy to blow in my opinion. Assuming you just got out of the dark hotel and didn't change your settings ne_nau.gif and I LOVE your flash at the reception, but I think it's a bit overdone (too many pics like this / on the blog anyway). Tough ... I do like the effect clap.gif

My favorite is definitely #12 bowdown.gif

Way to go MR!

That just means more for them to choose from for a canvas. mwink.gif Still learning and still trying out stuff. I guess though you could be right, the batteries in that flash got seriously hot...

I actually like 6, I was aiming for the reflection in the limo anyway. But, I did come out of a dark hotel to straight to the limo.

Telling you, this one was massive. They needed a massive blog entry. It is what it is. ne_nau.gif Don't say I didn't warn anyone! :D [trying to match the length of the blog post to Erik's vow. It was a long one, but really good and classy!]

@nicole, thanks for looking and commenting! Though I like #3 the way it is. I didn't do too much on that image.

@jay, one external remote flash.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Telling you, this one was massive. They needed a massive blog entry. It is what it is. ne_nau.gif

Oh, I wasn't complaining here ... just commenting. I actually really enjoyed looking at them all, soooooo thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    agnieszka wrote: »
    oh, i wasn't complaining here ... Just commenting. I actually really enjoyed looking at them all, soooooo thumb.gif

:):

Now the issue of keeping this up. I hear moving to Europe is not too difficult... rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    good stuff sir..I like the processing.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options