Options

SOLD: Canon 40D + battery grip + Canon 28-135mm

UncleJakeUncleJake Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 15, 2010 in House of Canon
Upgraded to the 7D, so the 40D is out the door...

SOLD - Canon 40D - $650, include shipping
Only ~9400 actuations, it's barely broken in! Worn a Giottos screen protector since new (still on it). A little wear on the strap mounts, otherwise mint. Never any problems, typical Canon goodness. Comes with the original box and everything that was in it, plus 2 spare batteries (Impact brand).

SOLD - Canon BG-E2N battery grip - $100, includes shipping
Used even less than the 40D, includes original box and AA battery tray.

SOLD - Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens - SOLD, Thanks Don, enjoy.
From the 7D kit, brand new, never mounted, only removed the plastic to take pic for this ad. These currently run ~$390 at B&H for the US model.

Packages:
40D + grip - $700

I'll entertain reasonable offers and trades for a Canon 17-40L. PayPal preferred or Postal MO prepay.
Full size photos at http://unclejake.smugmug.com/Other/40D/12720740_uhCkv#915663553_xzTwc

Thanks for looking!
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
Ferris Buller

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    woohoowoohoo Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Greetings UncleJake,
    If you still have the lens, I'm ready to deal. I'd like to move your lens "out the door" & "into my door". Your images show the front & rear lens caps. Also your image shows your Canon lens is 72mm diameter. Do you have a 72mm UV protective filter, or lens hood? I don't believe Canon supplied either with this lens. Please advise. (I have a current e-Bay and PayPal account, my e-Bay moniker is x-raydon, & I have a 100% positive trading record).
    Thank you for the info provided regarding the Giottos screen protector, as now I know I could buy a Giottos screen protector to shield the LCD on my camera. Does the Giottos screen protector damage the camera when removed? For now, I'd like your offered, (6-27-2010)Canon lens for my Canon 500D, "T1i". Currently I have two lenses, a Canon EFS 18x55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF iS Zoom lens and a Canon EFS 55x250mm f/4-5.6 AF iS Zoom lens. Your offered genuine 'brand new' Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 "Made in Taiwan" with 'ultra sonic motor' AF iS Zoom lens will integrate well with my system. With $250.00 being paid to you, and the described lens received intact by me, all exchange criteria as listed will have been met. Any available packaging, copy's of documentation, receipts and any warranty cards will be appreciated.
    I'm certain owning your Canon 7D system with it's "full frame" sensor must be very gratifying. The last "full frame" camera I had was the 35mm film sensor, in my 1000DTL Maymia Sekor SLR.
    Thanks in advance for you help, this offering and your information. Gotta luv these Canons. Please contact me via this medium and advise how you wish to proceed. As stated I have a PayPal account, & also access to Postal Service money order prepay. I beleive it best that addresses, e-mails and phone numbers should best be communicated via private messages.
    I'm ready to wind 'em up, and shoot 'em up. I live in Sacramento, CA, The 'new guy', Don
    "Je pense donc je suis", 'cogitio ergo sum', (I think therefore I am) by Rene Descarte:dunno

A life of Illusion, "There goes the neighborhood", by Joe Walsh 1981 :ivar
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    Hi Don, sent you a PM.

Joel
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
    Ferris Buller

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    Message received
    UncleJake wrote: »
    Hi Don, sent you a PM.

Joel

Want to let you know I received your message and have acted to purchase your lens. Glad we are able to perform all these activities electronically. Gives pause to think how far much of the world has moved to the electronic side. Have a good ...

Closing, Don
    "Je pense donc je suis", 'cogitio ergo sum', (I think therefore I am) by Rene Descarte:dunno

• Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    Greetings UnkleJake,
    I received the 28-135 lens on Tue 7-7. The lens works perfectly and is as new. You packed it very securely and you mailed it by USPS with signature required.
    You sent the tracking info and your follow-up was superb. It was my pleasure doing business with you, and I rate this transaction as exemplary. If there is a way to leave positive, you have mine. I may have interest in your Canon EOS 40D. I hope your 7D are great experiences. Thanks again, Don

• Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    Thanks Don, it was a pleaseure doing business with you as well. Enjoy the lens.

Joel
    Ferris Buller

Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2010
    Greetings Joel,
    I read your PM. Would you share if the 'impact' brand batteries have the same capacity as the Canon BP 511 batteries? Also do they charge with the original Canon CG 580 battery charger? In looking at your posted pictures, I notice a"lightened area on the camera body where it's been handled. How noticable is this and can this area be made to look as original? Your suggestions are welcome, please advise.
    I am enjoying your former lens as I hope you're enjoying you new camera.
    Cheers, Don

• Options
    edited July 10, 2010
    Hi Don, the Impact batteries do not have quite the same capacity of the Canon batteries, but they work OK, and they do use the OEM charger. You are correct on the dirt/salt on the grip. It's just from handling. It's not noticable in normal light, but the studio flash really brings it out. The good thing is, it's already gone, I cleaned it up after seeing the photos.

Thanks, Joel
    Ferris Buller

Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2010
    Further info and thoughts
    Hi,
    At present, I've placed a conservative bid on a 40D on e-Bay. There are a couple days left on that auction and I hesitate to predict the outcome. Many who bid wait until the auction is within moments of conclusion, so there's much uncertanty & I'll need to check on Sun 7-11, if not latter as I think it ends on 7-12.
    Understand that I'm not put off by people trying their best to be frugal, nor do I question the proccesses employed.
    I too am cheap/frugal, and the $ range I've seen on these older cameras and their peripherals fluctuate greatly, as do their quality. I've mounted a Giottos, thanks for the info, and my little T1i has the same cmos sensor both in design and size as the 50D, and also takes HD movies. This provides lots of opportunities to create some nice photo's. I'd forgot the enjoyment I receive from my old hobby of imaging. What a change from my employment imaging. We also have a liitle Panasonic Lumix ZS6, that fits in a pocket. We've taken remarkable images and it's always at your finger tips. Enjoy your 7D and everything else.
    Closing, wishing you health and smiles. Don

• Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    Hi Joel,
    I'm anxously awaiting the Canon 40D and the BG-2EN Grip, along with the listed items. I received a tracking number from PayPal and as this is being typed it's in transit. I've ordered a couple of Canon B11 batteries and 2 Sandisk CF 4GB with a data transfer of 30MB/sec. I'm looking for a camera bag, and I'm also pursuing a Canon 50mm f1.4 USM or a Canon 85MM f1.8 lens. The next expendature will be for an external flash. Then I'll be camera rich and money poor. I'll let you know when I get your package. Thanks in advance.. Don

• Options
    edited July 15, 2010
    Greetings Joel,
    I received your well packaged and quickly delivered Canon 40D and the Canon BG-2EN Grip, on 7-14-2010. They are impeccable, and as new. You were generous to send all the original packaging and accessories plus a Canon B11 battery and two extra (Impact brand) batteries. Again, all were received intact and they appear as new. All that you offered for sale has been received precisely as represented. I have today, purchased a 'Lowepro Toploader Pro 65 AW' camera bag and a Canon 85mm f 1.8 USM prime lens and innumerable other photography related items. I am ready to pursue photography again.
    FYI, my 'old school' SLR was a Maymia Sekor 1000DTL, Maymia Sekor lenses (35mm f1.4 prime, a 50mm f1.8 prime and a 135mm f2.8 prime). I had these in a hard case with a 3x teleconverter and a vivitar flash unit.
    I sold them just last month for $100.00 to a colleague and they were still as new. I am transforming to digital from film, or at least I'm going to try.
    Thank you. It was my pleasure doing business with you. You sir, are an honest man.
    Sincerely, Don