Options

Sales History Messed Up

dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
edited July 9, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Sales History seems messed up at the moment.

If show ALL orders it says there are 206. If I show Paid orders it says there are 187. If I show Unpaid it says there is only 1. Perhaps 18 of them are in limbo waiting for payment....?

And yet curiouser still is that if I show state sales tax it shows $14.69 for all time and all of that is reported for the 1 order that is showing up in the Unpaid list (for which a sale of only $5 is reported - so I think sales tax is being accumulated incorrectly in the reporting).

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Your site link please? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    dwterry.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    We're making payments right now, so check it tomorrow all should be fine.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    We're making payments right now, so check it tomorrow all should be fine.

That's kind of what I thought ... that it was sort of in limbo. But I thought I'd better bring it up just in case.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Just another thought ... the main reason I went looking at the Sales History was because an email came from Smugmug today telling me that I would be paid tomorrow and that I could click this link to see my sales history.

So perhaps the programmers should fix it so that either the message isn't sent until the data is good, or fix the data presentation so that even while checks are being issued the data still makes sense.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    I waited two days ... no change. It still looks messed up.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    I'm having one of our experts look, stay tuned. Thanks.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the great questions. The short answer is: Yes, the sales history needs some revising and there are some changes in the works.

Some specifics:

- We processed the payments yesterday so they are still pending. They can remain in that state for quite a while actually, with two weeks being fairly typical. You'll likely see the money appear in your account much sooner, but we don't close out the batch until we've resolved all issues.

- You can see on your CSV that a bunch of orders are listed as "Paying" rather than "NotPaid" or "Paid". Those same orders will show "Paid: This Month" on the order details page. They will get a confirmed date once the payment processes fully, I believe.

- Unfortunately if you filter your sales history by Paid and Not Paid, you'll see some discrepancies. There are a chunk of orders that will show in Paid even though they show "Paying" on your CSV. Those are orders where you did not make a profit (due to cancelation, print credits, at-cost coupons, etc.) . Technically they belong to the batch of orders we're paying profits from, but at the same time there really isn't any unpaid profit on them. We should be consistent though, because I know this causes confusion. With our next modification to this page, we'll be including ALL "paying" orders in Paid.

- Sales tax for orders currently being paid are showing up in the total for Unpaid orders. To be consistent with profit and order count, the sales tax for those orders should show up in neither Unpaid nor Paid order totals while profit payment is being processed.

- We don't yet have a place to show which orders have had their sales tax remitted to the pro yet. So when sales tax shows with "Paid" or "Unpaid" orders, it only reflects the status of the profit on the order and not whether we've paid you the sales tax.

- You make a good point that we link you to your sales history in the payment email even though the information there is misleading at the time of payment. Hopefully when we move "Paying" orders into the "Paid" filter, it will be a more useful tool!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. As I mentioned, we're working on improving the accuracy and clarity of this page so we definitely appreciate all feedback.

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero