Options

Quick Hill Country Engagement

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited July 15, 2010 in Weddings
My friend was in town, and the wild flowers are in bloom, so we did a quick engagement session. We'll do a longer downtown Austin shoot in another month.

Here's my favorite shot.

833112334_2BNvB-XL.jpg

Okay, and another

833017358_qkVY7-XL-1.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Very nice!
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    Oh these are GORGEOUS! Love the softness in her expression of the first one. How fun!iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    I'm diggin em! Good job Caroline. Love the wild flowers. I think I like the first one best but the 2nd is a fer sher bread and butter shot and both are well done. I assume these are ambient light but if they are flashed they are VERY well balanced to my eye. I'm guessing just a perfectly diffused overcast day though, in which case you did a great job of finding the light and positioning your couple to take advantage of it. The subtle side lighting on #2 is wonderful.

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    I'm diggin em! Good job Caroline. Love the wild flowers. I think I like the first one best but the 2nd is a fer sher bread and butter shot and both are well done. I assume these are ambient light but if they are flashed they are VERY well balanced to my eye. I'm guessing just a perfectly diffused overcast day though, in which case you did a great job of finding the light and positioning your couple to take advantage of it. The subtle side lighting on #2 is wonderful.

matt

I used a touch of flash to keep the light from being too flat, turning it off when the sun came out from behind the clouds. Yep, it was good light for photography that day!

The first one, the flash was to my right and aimed right at their faces. In the second, it was somewhat behind them to my left.

Caroline
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Oh, Caroline! They're both lovely, but that first one is MAGICAL!!! Well done. Was she thrilled?
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    I used a touch of flash to keep the light from being too flat, turning it off when the sun came out from behind the clouds. Yep, it was good light for photography that day!

The first one, the flash was to my right and aimed right at their faces. In the second, it was somewhat behind them to my left.

Caroline
    Great job Caroline! Very well done.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    Great job Caroline! Very well done.

Matt

thumb.gif I can only echo what everyone else has said...great job.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    JVPhotographyJVPhotography Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2010
    Great color saturation - the flowers really pop out wihtout being overdone.