Options

Emails not coming through

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited August 4, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have an item for sale in the buy/sale forum and someone said they sent me an email. Did not get it so I tried to email myself by clicking my name and clicking "Send email". Mine didn't come through either. Sent myself an email from another source and it came through so my end works.

I have "allow emails" checked in my profile. Any ideas?
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    I have an item for sale in the buy/sale forum and someone said they sent me an email. Did not get it so I tried to email myself by clicking my name and clicking "Send email". Mine didn't come through either. Sent myself an email from another source and it came through so my end works.

I have "allow emails" checked in my profile. Any ideas?
    Oops - came through just took 45 minutes.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2005
    There have been a rash of email problems over the last two days. Email servers are going down randomley for about 20-30 minutes in intervals ranging from a half hour to several hours. This had struck several of my email servers, Intuit (quicken and quickbooks), and several others. No one is really sure what the problem is right now, we are thinking spammers, or hackers obviously causing major traffic loads. There have are two huge worldwide hacking conventions going on right now (either just finished or just starting) and I know they have been working on some internet related cicso hacks to expose some security problems. Could be related, prolly isn't though. However get together thousands of hackers and you can always expect some "games". I wouldn't worry about it unless it takes over a couple hours to send or recieve an email. It's causing tons of panic at work though. Spent hours on the phone dealing with it today.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com