Do any of these work? No titles yet.

935389789_LNeqi-L.jpg

935389672_36DMk-L.jpg

935389822_nBkaB-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    I like #1 - the motorcycles seem to "ground" the photo without being the focus of it - does that make sense? In #2 the motorcyclels seem to be more the focus of the photo, & #3 seems distorted.

BTW - appreciate your comments & help! I'm trying!! :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    FWIW, I like the first one best.
    You might try doing it in b/w.
    My eye keeps going there to see what's in color but that could just be me to.
    Nice work.

Peace, gail
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    yeah #1 is the strongest of the bunch
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    I like the first one best, too.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    i like the idea of 3, but i think it was an afterthought cropped from 1. i would love to see 3 shot from different angles so its all about the stripes and nothing else.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    lkbart wrote: »
    I like #1 - the motorcycles seem to "ground" the photo without being the focus of it - does that make sense? In #2 the motorcyclels seem to be more the focus of the photo, & #3 seems distorted.

BTW - appreciate your comments & help! I'm trying!! :)

I agree.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    FWIW, I like the first one best.
    You might try doing it in b/w.
    My eye keeps going there to see what's in color but that could just be me to.
    Nice work.

Peace, gail
    15524779-Ti.gifIf you could experiment to make the stripes 'pop' a bit more maybe? Just a thought.
  • Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    #1 for me too. I actually like having the motorcycles there...and how is that they are color coordinated? They are all red/black/silver. Side note...I do find it interesting that the handicapped parking icon plays a somewhat prominent role in the bottom 3rd of left edge. Maybe this seems ironic to me because I work on a rehab unit and see the aftermath of motorcycle accidents. Anyway, for me, this image has a lot of symbolism in addition to the stripes. Planned or not....I think it's great. Maybe crop to include just a tiny bit more of the cycles and icon in #1 in addition to the stripes?
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    #1 +1
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Thanks for all of the great feedback, everyone! Life caught up with me this week and I got major league distracted. But I did a bit of work on this and some other ideas.

946143998_dxkzn-L.jpg

946423989_x7DjG-L.jpg

946424032_y7a5V-L.jpg

946424159_4TFv3-L.jpg

#8 Striated
    946454511_Bm3UU-L.jpg

#9 Spiral
    946454607_XTsMo-L.jpg

#10 Random
    946454768_Bo9AD-L.jpg

#11 Foggy Morning (I may not use this one)
    946454152_wJpkn-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2010
    I guess #1 is still the best. Here are 2 different PPs of it. Any preference?

Original #1
    935389789_LNeqi-L.jpg

#1A
    946852707_Uykrp-L.jpg

#1B
    946852899_E7CNJ-L.jpg

Side by side smaller versions
    935389789_LNeqi-S.jpg946852707_Uykrp-S.jpg946852899_E7CNJ-S.jpg
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    I do like #11 quite a bit, but feel that #1B is probably the strongest and best suited to this challenge. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2010
    Thanks, Karl!

I have a couple of other candidates. Are any of these better?

945470857_Nw4vc-L.jpg

947177017_KBrrY-L.jpg

947177159_XksbR-L.jpg

947194859_zQDn7-L.jpg

947194978_WF9Xt-L.jpg
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Of these, I like #14 the best, but I still think #1B is the best from a stripes standpoint. #15 is cool too -- I had thought of doing something like that last weekend -- it's difficult to find straight stripes on trees!

Overall, I still really like #1B :D Would be interesting to see that one as a black and white...
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    I'm liking 1B best...you're abstracts are cool, just don't scream stripes (IMO). I do like your foggy field, maybe cropping a little off the left, not all of the trees, just minimize them some, otherwise, I like that one too.
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    What I would have done with either 1 or 1B was I would have gotten low, really low, then shot it with a shallow depth of field so that you could only see a hint of the motorcycles in the background in the form of blur with the focus on the stripes. #11 has potential but needs some work like the tall plant in the foreground needs to go, then it needs some vignetting so that the mountains on the left become a bit less dominent or even better if reshoot is possible and you have some room to move to your right, shoot wider such that you don't even capture the mountains yet looking at the field the way you are now (straight on).
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited July 25, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, Nightpixels, ic4u, and Karl! I really appreciate it.

I think I will be unable to reshoot #1 at this point. The motorcycles won't be there on Sunday.

I may be able to get a shot of the field towards sunset, but I am leaning away from this one because jwear has a field shot in the gallery already.

I think I'm going to go to the beach and see if I can find something (and just to go to the beach :D). If not, I will enter 1B and call it a day.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    I'm probably in left field, but I really like #8 Striated. The colors, the swirls, the irridescence - would get my vote.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2010
    Thanks, lkbart! I like Striated and the other abstracts, too. I ended up going with 1B, because I got good reactions to it and it was different from the other entries.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2010
    I was back at the parking garage today and decided to try nightpixels suggestions. Is this any better than my entry?

950551232_Addqq-L.jpg
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2010
    I like the idea, however the message of stripes would be sent stronger if the actual stripes were in focus instead of the handicap sign. But, I like the idea.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited July 28, 2010
    Thanks, nightpixels! I'll give it another go when I'm there tomorrow.