Options

Saying Goodbye

JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
edited May 31, 2004 in People
My nephew was activated for Iraq. He leaves June 7th for Georgia, then goes to Kuwait and finally to Iraq.

I captured this picture last year when he was activated (but stayed state-side that time).

IMG_2797.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2004
    JohnR wrote:
    My nephew was activated for Iraq. He leaves June 7th for Georgia, then goes to Kuwait and finally to Iraq.

I captured this picture last year when he was activated (but stayed state-side that time).

IMG_2797.jpg

powerful pic. i'm a big fan of movement in a still image, and as you've shown here, it can have a big impact.
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2004
    JohnR wrote:

IMG_2797.jpg
    John
    I really like the emotion captured in this photo. It's as if the world around them is buzzing by, and only the two of them, are frozen in time. Hanging on for dear life, trying to emblazen the memory of the embrace deeply into their memory.
    So sad, yet wonderfully done.

ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    Steve LearSteve Lear Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2004
    JohnR wrote:

IMG_2797.jpg
    Couldn't agree more with previous comments. This shot for has such warmth too not only because of the colour and tone but because of the subject material. Great shot!!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited May 31, 2004
    This is a shot that captures the subject nicely. As others have said, the
    surrounding motion gives the image a powerful emotional tone (did I say
    that right?).

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?