Options

Are there issues with the SmugMug site?

Len SLen S Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 30, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I was doing some maintenance on my site and SmugMug was sluggish, asking me for gallery passwords (which I don't have) and other erratic behavior. The worst was when I was collecting photos for one of my galleries and now the photos that were previously in that gallery are totally gone! I hope this is not a permanent issue. Does someone out there know what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Hi Len - no site issues this morning. Please write our Support Heroes and we'll help you from the help desk. Thanks.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    We are also getting the Server not found issue off and on this morning. We lose the ability to sign in and our images disappear on the forums. Been happening for about an hour now. Works for 10 or 15 minutes, then goes off for 10 minutes.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    We are also getting the Server not found issue off and on this morning. We lose the ability to sign in and our images disappear on the forums. Been happening for about an hour now. Works for 10 or 15 minutes, then goes off for 10 minutes.

Your site is pulling up instantly for me... http://www.cygnusstudios.com/gallery/5811969_N5Kz9 if the problem persists, please write our Support Heroes thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    I did write the heroes. I am not trying to add to the complaint compartment, but the site is up for a bit, then down for a bit. It was just up, now it is down again.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    I just noticed that when the site is beginning to act up, the header is not showing up. Once the header disappears, the site goes blank.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    Seems as if 90% is working.

No header, and nothing in the client section works, which is where we keep all of our stock images including images we share on forums. Everything else seems to work.

http://www.cygnusstudios.com/Clients/Stock-Images

This just started around 7:30am this morning, and still works sporadically.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2010
    Steve, we are looking into it. Some of us on the help desk are seeing slow responses but we are seeing other users that are reporting similar problems to what you describe. Sorry for the trouble.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    docwalker wrote: »
    Steve, we are looking into it. Some of us on the help desk are seeing slow responses but we are seeing other users that are reporting similar problems to what you describe. Sorry for the trouble.

No problem, you guys have the best customer service out there. I have shared some emails with the help desk. Regarding my issue, it seems that it may be related to comcast. People using other internet services do not have the problem with the site during the time that I and others using comcast are (at least local comcast users that I have contacted).
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 30, 2010
    That would make sense as I am also on Comcast and I think the others on the help desk having trouble were also.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com