Options

Photo Package Bug

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited July 30, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Hi There,

I just built my 1st package (250 4x6 prints - same photo). I'll be using it to sell thank you cards. Anyways when I test it, I get strange results.

First off, when I click the Buy button, then Photo Package, I see the package. But the way it's displayed looks mottled. I'm using FF3.6.

952576363_GqDsC-M.jpg

I select that package, click continue, choose my photo and proceed to checkout. When I get there, there aren't 250 prints in my cart. The number changes everytime I do it.

Here's the 1st time I did it.

952576361_qcRSj-M.jpg

HUH??? 94? So i cleared my cart, started over and here is the second time I did it.

952576360_7DxpU-M.jpg

Now it shows 127. The $ amount is the same but the quantity changes. Every time I do it it changes. I don't see a pattern. The quantity value seems random. I'm very hesitant to roll this out to my customer. It will definitely cause confusion. I've tried this on 2 different PCs and it does it on both.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Hi There,

I just built my 1st package (250 4x6 prints - same photo). I'll be using it to sell thank you cards. Anyways when I test it, I get strange results.

First off, when I click the Buy button, then Photo Package, I see the package. But the way it's displayed looks mottled. I'm using FF3.6.

952576363_GqDsC-M.jpg

I select that package, click continue, choose my photo and proceed to checkout. When I get there, there aren't 250 prints in my cart. The number changes everytime I do it.

Here's the 1st time I did it.

952576361_qcRSj-M.jpg

HUH??? 94? So i cleared my cart, started over and here is the second time I did it.

952576360_7DxpU-M.jpg

Now it shows 127. The $ amount is the same but the quantity changes. Every time I do it it changes. I don't see a pattern. The quantity value seems random. I'm very hesitant to roll this out to my customer. It will definitely cause confusion. I've tried this on 2 different PCs and it does it on both.

Any ideas???

Link to the gallery where this package is?
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    Gallery Link
    Andy wrote: »
    Link to the gallery where this package is?

Here's the gallery that package is assigned to:

http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/Weddings2010/Burgess/Burgess-E-Session/11837436_7KKZL
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    But the way it's displayed looks mottled. I'm using FF3.6.

Hi Lou, this is self-inflicted :) with this css of yours:

#altViews, #cartButtonsWrapper, #productsPanel, #toggleAlbumComment, #homepageTools, .yui-panel {
    font-size:18px;
    }

remove that and it doesn't wrap.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    Indeed a crazy bug, one in which I can't replicate on our test servers but can on the live site. We'll get it fixed Lou.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi Lou, this is self-inflicted :) with this css of yours:

#altViews, #cartButtonsWrapper, #productsPanel, #toggleAlbumComment, #homepageTools, .yui-panel {
    font-size:18px;
    }

remove that and it doesn't wrap.

Ok, cool that fixed, but now my BUY button is small again. :( I believe I used that code to biggify the buy button. Is there a way to have it both ways? :) I want the button big, but no wrapping of the packages? Thanks for looking into the bug.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to biggify the button without causing wrapping! Thanks.