Options

A Most Hated Question

chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
edited August 1, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi Gang,

I received an e-mail today from hDL Magazine which appears to be a high end lifestyle magazine in Israel with a stated circulation of about 40,000.

They're planning on doing an article on classic cars and they are asking if I can supply them with some of my images for the article. They didn't say which one(s) or how many.

So, the most hated question is: How much do I charge for each image, if anything?

fotoQuote says about $300 per image but that is for a 1/4 page ad and this is just an article.

Plus, I guess I need to consider licensing issues and the fact that I do not have property releases from any of the vehicle owners, if they are even needed for editorial use.

Any ideas?
Chuck Cannova
www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged

Comments

• Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    Well, maybe I picked a very bad title for this question but, title not withstanding, does anyone have any input on this issue. I'd really like to get back to these people and maybe pick up a little pocket change or something.

Thanks.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    BillAllsoppBillAllsopp Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2010
    Well, maybe I picked a very bad title for this question but, title not withstanding, does anyone have any input on this issue. I'd really like to get back to these people and maybe pick up a little pocket change or something.

Thanks.
    try the price option on Alamy to get some figures to start from http://www.alamy.com/
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    This question may be better answered by more people in the "Mind Your Own Business" forum (more visibility). Perhaps it could be asked there, or any of the Moderators could move this over there...?
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser