Options

A Better Browse Feature?

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited August 6, 2005 in SmugMug Support
You can choose normal browse or keyword. Keyword, OK, but it can be limiting if you don't guess exactly what someone might want to see and bad when the user gets a gazillion hits for the obvious and you're lost amongst them.

The other part of the browse feature seems to be stuck in order of change to galleries, so I guess to get my galleries up front I have to keep making changes to them every 30 seconds?

I think there needs to be a better way to see other galleries. Random featured galleries, random shots with links to the gallery, something. I would like to be able to browse just in pro galleries if I wanted. Or browse via keyword in pro galleries only. No offense to the average Joe, but seeing a gallery of washed out, crappy pictures of his pet when I'm looking for nice animal shots doesn't cut it for me.

There are so many ways to create exposure to photos in smug mug, but they just aren't being implemented.

Will they be? What can we expect? When can we expect it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    *--crickets chirping--*
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    *--crickets chirping--*

standby, khaos - they read everything here and respond in time. lotsa new stuff coming out lately.