Options

cobranding shopping CART and navigation

wellseenwellseen Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 6, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hello, and thanks in advance for any tips... I really appreciate the help!

1)
I've managed to change the header/footer for all pages until you get to the SHOPPING CART, where they show up again, guiding customers to create their own smugmug account and providing all kinds of info about pricing which I don't want them to see (I have a pro account). How can I show just the "powered by smugmug" footer and replace the header with my own, as it is in the gallery pages?
2)
How can I remove buttons like PRODUCTS, CROP and COLOR, or at least force no-crop and true-color?
3)
I'd also like to control how many thumbs are displayed per gallery page.
4)
Can I remove the "home" and "galleries" from the navigation so that it just says "Wellseen Photography" instead of "Wellseen Photography's home" ? Likewise in the weddings category i'd like it to say something like:
"Wellseen Photography : Weddings " instead of
"Wellseen Photography's Weddings galleries"
5)
Can I choose which thumb will be displayed for each gallery/category, so that it doesn't pick a random one each time?

thanks again for the help!!!

Sebastian

Here is my page: http://wellseen.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2005
    1 - 4 I think are not available, 5 can be done, open the gallery, and from the tools menu under the desired photo pick "Feature photo" a bug I have noticed is that photo is now featured for the catagory/sub cat as well if you don't have others featured.

James.
  • Options
    quagmire321quagmire321 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2005
    wellseen wrote:
    Hello, and thanks in advance for any tips... I really appreciate the help!

1)
    I've managed to change the header/footer for all pages until you get to the SHOPPING CART, where they show up again, guiding customers to create their own smugmug account and providing all kinds of info about pricing which I don't want them to see (I have a pro account). How can I show just the "powered by smugmug" footer and replace the header with my own, as it is in the gallery pages?
    2)
    How can I remove buttons like PRODUCTS, CROP and COLOR, or at least force no-crop and true-color?
    3)
    I'd also like to control how many thumbs are displayed per gallery page.
    4)
    Can I remove the "home" and "galleries" from the navigation so that it just says "Wellseen Photography" instead of "Wellseen Photography's home" ? Likewise in the weddings category i'd like it to say something like:
    "Wellseen Photography : Weddings " instead of
    "Wellseen Photography's Weddings galleries"
    5)
    Can I choose which thumb will be displayed for each gallery/category, so that it doesn't pick a random one each time?

thanks again for the help!!!

Sebastian

Here is my page: http://wellseen.smugmug.com/
    (4) Well... you cannot change that I think but you can hide the entire line, just add this in your style sheet HTML in the customization screen :

.offblue { color: #000000}

Of course, this only works if you are using a black background like me.
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2005
    (4) Well... you cannot change that I think but you can hide the entire line, just add this in your style sheet HTML in the customization screen :

To turn it off totally you can simply check "hide owner" in the customize gallery window.

James.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    To turn it off totally you can simply check "hide owner" in the customize gallery window.

James.

Thanks James! But unfortunately when i do that, it reinstates the SM header and footer which I went to great lengths to remove. Also, I don't want to remove all navigation, just the words [ 's home ] and [ 's galleries ]

any other thoughts? I appreciate the input...
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2005

thanks! but that doesn't seem to have any effect. :(
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2005
    We have some changes coming up that will make removing parts of your gallery/home pages easier. As for customizing the cart, that is probably never going to happen. Our name appears on their credit card statement when they order the prints, so they need to know we are involved to some degree. Some day there might be a "cobranding" opportunity in the cart that may let you put a small logo up - but ours would be right beside it.

And you can't remove the buttons for crop/color/etc in the cart right now. We have toyed with the idea, but so far feel that they need to be there.

wellseen wrote:
    thanks! but that doesn't seem to have any effect. :(
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    We have some changes coming up that will make removing parts of your gallery/home pages easier. As for customizing the cart, that is probably never going to happen. Our name appears on their credit card statement when they order the prints, so they need to know we are involved to some degree. Some day there might be a "cobranding" opportunity in the cart that may let you put a small logo up - but ours would be right beside it.

And you can't remove the buttons for crop/color/etc in the cart right now. We have toyed with the idea, but so far feel that they need to be there.

Thanks, JT!
    I don't have any problem with the Smugmug logo being in the shopping cart, I'd just rather not have the entire header and footer with multiple links guiding the customers AWAY from my site, to create their own accounts, and get pricing information that differs from my custom pricing, which will create great confusion. Any way to just put a simple "powered by Smugmug" ?
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    wellseen wrote:
    Any way to just put a simple "powered by Smugmug" ?

Not at this point in time.