Options

Something is going on...

wslamwslam Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited August 2, 2010 in SmugMug Support
All of a sudden, it says my galleries are empty!?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    now it says read only mode...
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    Looks like most photos are still there, but all the galleries grouped under an Event are gone?!
  • Options
    PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Looks like a bug in the system, I'm getting something similar on my galleries. No worries, our galleries are fine, I think Smuggy is just having some tech issues tonite...
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    for once... i actually REALLY need to get some photos uploaded like RIGHT NOW and it's not working. :( normally i'm on no real time schedule to get pics uploaded...so when smugmug is down, i just patiently wait... :(
  • Options
    brecklundinbrecklundin Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    I just can't do this anymore.

Andy, sorry I need to vent but don't want to do so here because I know you are all trying but I cannot keep dealing with these outages or "read only" issues way to often when I need the site fully functional the most...
  • Options
    i like coffeei like coffee Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2010
    Yup, I can't upload prints for a client to buy.
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Not sure if this is related. but the only thing I've noticed happened last night...and then this morning. I have a video that has been uploaded and working (playing online at my smugmug site) for at least a day, but now when I click on it, there's small text in the center that says the video cannot be found. When it happened last night after I had finished uploading a video and the processing was done at smugmug (thumbnail of video appeared), I just deleted the upload and uploaded it a second time. It's working this morning...the one I re-uploaded...but one that's been working for a day or so now does not work (at this moment). Video in question is here: http://www.openbloom.com/GEAR-Etc-1/Panasonic-Lumix-G2/13110463_d3GnN#952782253_QbJDD
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    wanted to come back to post I had access again at approximately 2:30AM Pacific time...oh, gee I am thrilled. Sorry, just have been kicked in thr nads too many times by too many companies and people over the past year to keep taking it with a grin...
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    kygarden wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related. but the only thing I've noticed happened last night...and then this morning. I have a video that has been uploaded and working (playing online at my smugmug site) for at least a day, but now when I click on it, there's small text in the center that says the video cannot be found. When it happened last night after I had finished uploading a video and the processing was done at smugmug (thumbnail of video appeared), I just deleted the upload and uploaded it a second time. It's working this morning...the one I re-uploaded...but one that's been working for a day or so now does not work (at this moment). Video in question is here: http://www.openbloom.com/GEAR-Etc-1/Panasonic-Lumix-G2/13110463_d3GnN#952782253_QbJDD

Interesting...now a few minutes later, that video I mentioned is playing. Not sure what was going on....but it happened at home and at work (different computers, different network connection). Works now....
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    well, bend me over in the morning...now it's back in read only mode...OK...enough...I mean we don't even get an email to let us know when things are not working...I guess that is the "no paper trail" way of doing business because this level of down time is indefensible.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    well, bend me over in the morning...now it's back in read only mode...OK...enough...I mean we don't even get an email to let us know when things are not working...I guess that is the "no paper trail" way of doing business because this level of down time is indefensible.

We can't send email out on unforeseen hardware problems, I'm so sorry :(

We had an issue, our Operations team went into scramble mode, and got things handled around 215am CA time. We're sorry about the issue.

http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/2010/08/01/site-issue-%E2%80%93-080110/

Then at 315am CA time we had to do another very brief Read Only mode for about 15 minutes. We're all clear as of now and we're sorry for the trouble.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    Hi, subscribe to our status blog, we try to always update that when things happen or when we have planned maintenance:

http://status.blogs.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    Glad everything got back to norm so quickly. Thanks.
    I am in +8GMT time zone, so when it happened it was during daytime and I was uploading as well. Just weird how it happened because only some galleries say no photos... scared me for a second! =)
  • Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi, subscribe to our status blog, we try to always update that when things happen or when we have planned maintenance:

http://status.blogs.smugmug.com

I noticed the other day that there is a @smugmugstatus account on twitter but it hardly gets used. Any chance that could be used in addition to the status blog? I know many of us would appreciate a pushed message (Twitter) rather than a pull (blog). Heck, I've know about the status blog for a while, and I never think to look there first...
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    rsquared wrote: »
    I noticed the other day that there is a @smugmugstatus account on twitter but it hardly gets used. Any chance that could be used in addition to the status blog? I know many of us would appreciate a pushed message (Twitter) rather than a pull (blog). Heck, I've know about the status blog for a while, and I never think to look there first...
    We use @smugmugstatus as often as we can. Last night it was only Ops awake and so they just did the Status Blog, focusing their time on the fix.