Options

Quick settings not working for existing galleries...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited August 3, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Found something strange. I have a standard quick setting for all my galleries. About 2 days ago I realized it wasn't working anymore. After some testing I found that if I clicked Upload-> New Gallery and created the gallery brand new, and applied the quick setting then, then it works fine, as it should. But if I create a gallery without a quick setting, then try to apply it, it won't work.

Maybe someone from Smugmug could try it while logged in to my account.

I just created this gallery using my standard quick setting.

http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/Weddings2010/Lebeda/Page-Title/13135656_chMvs

Note the settings in the gallery. This is the way it should look.

Then I created another without the quick setting.

http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/Weddings2010/Lebeda/testing345/13135669_GuG4G

Once the gallery is created, I clicked the Settings button and try to apply my standard quick setting. It won't apply. Weird.

So unless I do it at the very time of creation, my quick settings won't work.

Thoughts???

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2, 2010
    Found something strange. I have a standard quick setting for all my galleries. About 2 days ago I realized it wasn't working anymore. After some testing I found that if I clicked Upload-> New Gallery and created the gallery brand new, and applied the quick setting then, then it works fine, as it should. But if I create a gallery without a quick setting, then try to apply it, it won't work.

Maybe someone from Smugmug could try it while logged in to my account.

I just created this gallery using my standard quick setting.

http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/Weddings2010/Lebeda/Page-Title/13135656_chMvs

Note the settings in the gallery. This is the way it should look.

Then I created another without the quick setting.

http://photos.lifesharephoto.com/Weddings2010/Lebeda/testing345/13135669_GuG4G

Once the gallery is created, I clicked the Settings button and try to apply my standard quick setting. It won't apply. Weird.

So unless I do it at the very time of creation, my quick settings won't work.

Thoughts???

Is this just me? Anybody?
  • Options
    Rogue 1Rogue 1 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Hi Lou,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug. I'm really sorry your having difficulties - I'm not seeing the issue as you describe it in your two test galleries, but I may be missing something - In a moment you'll receive an email directly from me on the help desk - it will be easier for us to work with you through that venure for this situation -

I'll be standing by for your response -

Sean
    Support Hero
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    I've found the same. If I click my quick setting on an existing gallery - the fields are populated incorrectly with the default settings. They are also grayed out so they can't be changed. However, if I save it and come back to it, they're all populated correctly. It just doesn't look like it's going to work before you save it.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2010
    Mox wrote: »
    I've found the same. If I click my quick setting on an existing gallery - the fields are populated incorrectly with the default settings. They are also grayed out so they can't be changed. However, if I save it and come back to it, they're all populated correctly. It just doesn't look like it's going to work before you save it.

Yeah I worked with Smugmug last night and it does work. In the past, when you chose a quick setting, you saw the buttons gray out but the settings did change right there on the gallery settings page. Now they don't. But as you stated, once you save it, it does take effect. So all is well.