Options

Problem with Title and Alt attributes getting dropped from 'Embeddable Links'

JoshusJoshus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 4, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I think there is a bug with 'Get a link' process regarding the 'Embeddable link' code, specifically with the Title and Alt attributes and would be interested to hear if anyone else is finding the same issue?

I thought I was having problems carrying the Alt and Title data into Smugmug as it wasn't showing up in the code.

I have since found that the info is actually getting into Smugmug but there is a problem with the Title and Alt information actually being dropped from the code once you try to grab more than one embeddable link at a time.

I will explain:

You have uploaded a gallery and captions, title and alt tags have made it into Smugmug.

To share or embed an image an image you click on its thumbnail, go to share and then get a link. This brings up the various options for grabbing a link. Go to 'Embeddable Links' and click copy on the tab to grab the code (I did this with the large size). Paste the code into whatever blog post etc you are writing. You will notice the the Title and Alt attributes are present.

Now, return to the Smugmug links page, click on the right arrow to move along to the next photo in order to grab its code and hey presto the Title and Alt attributes have disappeared. Copy and paste the code out to see for yourself.

If you repeat the process from the start, i.e. back to the gallery, select the image you want and then grab the code, the Title and Alt attributes magically reappear for that image, but get dropped as soon as you use the arrows to navigate to other images.

Is anyone else finding this? I don't think it's browser specific as I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome but it may be just a Mac issue as I haven't tried on a PC.

Very grateful for any feedback you guys might have!

Josh

Comments